Reef nutrition

Light recommendation for 5 foot long tank

I have a 100 gallon, 5 foot long and 1,8 foot deep tank and my T5 Lights are not working well and I think is time to move to LEDs and I was looking for a recommendation. The possibility to program when the lights turn on and off is a must.

I heard that the Kessil are probably the best (and most expensive) but I have no idea about models so any help will be welcomed.
Totally open to buy a different brand that also gives a good performance for a more reasonable price.

I am a big proponent of t5/led hybrid.

Depending on your t5 setup, it could be as simple as adding a few led pucks (AI prime, hydra 26, 52, kessils or radion xr-15) to your existing setup. Having a canopy to hide the clutter is a determining factor.

Why do you say the t5s are not working well?
I have an Aquatic Light 48inch 4-54W T5 with night blue LEDs (same as the one in the below link) which until now has been working quite well despite of how old it is, but yesterday morning, it just suddenly turned off, when I tried to turn it on back again, it worked but the small screen it has to program the time and turn on all the different set ups is now working properly, I tried to plug it into another place and it still didn't work properly and since I don't know how to fix it, I think I need to buy a new one.

https://www.marinedepot.com/Aquatic...quaticLife-AK01035-FILTFIT58U-AK01037-vi.html

Back