Reef nutrition

Lime green cap

heres my first donation to this chain.

I have a lime green cap mini colony that can be broken up to a few pieces. Its your typical green cap. Its a little on the lighter side since my tank is low on nutrients, but can get darker/greener in other tanks. Id like to bring this colony to the bbq and divide it all up there to be distributed.

Anyone interested?

No one wants this? You can take the whole colony if no one else wants it. Its about 6 "in diameter.

Some one take it so I feel like im contributing! =) Everything else I have is still a frag, so hopefully Ill have more appealing things to offer in the near future.

How much light does this need? I have power compacts, but have a nice "shelf" close to the surface that would be close to the lights. Someone had mentioned to me that some caps can do ok with moderate light? I would be interested if it's appropriate for my lighting.

I have a 29 gallon with a lot of flow. Mostly softies and some LPS that are all doing well. I have a Coralife fixture 2X65W 1 Actinic and 1 10000K bulb I think. btw, I'm up in San Francisco... not sure if you're in the city or not.

Hey georgec, the cap will probably do fine in your tank. Just put it up near the top. I am in SF work from home, so Im pretty available. In in the Portrero area. PM me a time that is convenient for you to pick it up.

Made it home across town last night with cap in tow. A small 1" frag was accidentally made during transport home. Daniel "misrepresented" ;) this coral - I think it is bigger than 6"....this thing is huge. I think it is time for a bigger tank... ;D

I was given the whole mother colony, which I still feel bad taking. If anyone is interested in a frag of this and did not chime in, please let me know.

Daniel,

Just an update. Passing along the love...

I gave two frags today to Michael (Malster1) today while he was over picking up some other frags. It sounds like he has some really good tanks/conditions for it.

Good to ehar!

I still have those red cap frgas.. Im too lazy to really hunt for homes, so if your ever at a meeting or swap, I can drop em to you.

Anyone going to the swap that wants a frag of this? It's been growing well and I can make a few frags for anyone that's interested.

Back