Link's Nanocube-12g, with moding.

Discussion in 'Tank Journals' started by nanocube-guy, Jan 19, 2009.

1. CookieJar

CookieJar Guest

+1. Don't kid yourself, if you really want a Galaxia, get a bigger tank or a 2nd tank for the galaxia. Finding corals that can 'withstand' the sting = many coral deaths. Absolutely not worth it.

2. nanocube-guy

nanocube-guy Guest

I don't know much about Bio-cube.

Galaxia corals are pretty aggressive so I'm not sure if you want to place them in a confine tank. There a lot of corals doesn't like being stings so might not be a bad idea to not have it.

3. nanocube-guy

nanocube-guy Guest

I'm feeling very sad and mad at myself today. Toothlesss, my medium clown fish had pass away. I just discount her stuck between the glass and rock, in the left corn front, bottom of the tank. I feel so guilty and it felt like it's my fault, it probably is...

4. nanocube-guy

nanocube-guy Guest

I have new pets last Monday, not this Monday. His name is Pizza, and it's an Parakeet.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Mr. Ugly

Mr. Ugly Past President

Haha, how did you pick that name?

6. eldiablosrt8

eldiablosrt8 Sponsor

i have a pair of skunk clowns for sale cheap if your looking for replacement

7. nanocube-guy

nanocube-guy Guest

Mr.Ugly, I picked it because I like pizza, but I'm not going to eat him. hahaha :D

eldiablosrt8, are they tank bred, and tell me the price?

8. nanocube-guy

nanocube-guy Guest

I did another 2 gallon water change on Tuesday and my most of my corals open up now. The down side is hair algae, iono how i get it. I haven't really feed my tank since I lost two of my fish. Any idea? I use RO/DI water so it shouldn't be the case.

9. nanocube-guy

nanocube-guy Guest

Does anyone ever wonder if chewing gum can be use to aquascape?

10. Mr. Ugly

Mr. Ugly Past President

Maybe a snail or something died and spiked your nitrates?

11. nanocube-guy

nanocube-guy Guest

I don't have anything died since the two fish... Where can I buy nassarius snails in SF?

12. iCon

iCon Supporting Member

Nope

13. nanocube-guy

nanocube-guy Guest

I would be interesting if someone try to attempt it. hahahaha

14. nanocube-guy

nanocube-guy Guest

r0ck0, hahahaha thanks... zipped and lock this mouth :) ;)

15. r0ck0

r0ck0 Guest

From Julian Sprung - Charles Delbeek The Reef Aquarium Vol. 1

pg. 210

16. nanocube-guy

nanocube-guy Guest

:)

17. nanocube-guy

nanocube-guy Guest

Update:

Over this past week, I notice my corals are huge than before. I compared from 48watt, 70watt and 150watt, the 150watt sure made the corals much larger. My two frogspawn head are 4-5 inches diameters. One of my Green Stripe Mushroom is 4 inches large diameters. The only issue I have, is Hair Algae. They are annoying me and I have to clean and scrape them all time. I visited Steve shop,(Lucky Ocean) and bought some 6 Narcissus and two 2 Cerith snails.. Hopefully they will help me out too. I'm worry the cerith snails might climb over the glass. hahaha

18. xcaret

xcaret Supporting Member

Aquatic Central on Ocean

19. nanocube-guy

nanocube-guy Guest

I bought it from Lucky Ocean already. Thanks.

20. CookieJar

CookieJar Guest

Nassarius snails are scavengers and don't eat algae. I wouldn't count on them eating any, but if you have food and other organic stuff like uneaten food that's causing high nitrates & phosphates they'll help with removing that stuff. You might want to consider more than 2 snails if the 2 don't make much of dent in it.