Neptune Aquatics

Little help on structure and plans needed!!!!

Sooooo... i am thinking on upgrading to a new tank by the end of the year... was thinking on something like a 48x24x24 that would weight almost 2k pounds filled and with all equipment.

The problem... I live in a apartment on the first floor that has a storage space under it. Was checking and there are some good structure right under the tank would be (pics attached).

If you know anything about it, do you think it would support the tank? Unfortunately i cannot take more pictures since it go right into a neighbor storage... let me know your thoughts everybody

Thanks!!!
40aff73a5b103b9377b6cf48817475e2.jpg
2b773facf8060310ff7f4595b01f9095.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Should be more than fine... should be.

But given the state of the electrical there who knows... that ground wire was sandwiched between the joist and the floor boards?

Didn’t you just downgraded?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes... but man, I can't take lol!!!!! The living room is so empty now, and now that i am seeing the 29g full of frags and everything thriving i need something bigger! I thought I could live with it.. but now I am leaning on making the biocube a frag tank and building a bigger setup.

Yes... but man, I can't take lol!!!!! The living room is so empty now, and now that i am seeing the 29g full of frags and everything thriving i need something bigger! I thought I could live with it.. but now I am leaning on making the biocube a frag tank and building a bigger setup.

I can totally relate to you!! Having a small tank is ok, but you are so limited in what you can/cannot keep!!! and I want to break through the limitations!! Good luck with your future build!

Which way will your tank be oriented? Hopefully perpendicular to the joists we see, going along the wall (left to right in the pic)? That would give much better support, probably spanning 2 joists instead of 1.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Which way will your tank be oriented? Hopefully perpendicular to the joists we see, going along the wall (left to right in the pic)? That would give much better support, probably spanning 2 joists instead of 1.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Yes.. that's my plan...

I think your math is way off. Based on you dimensions:
48x24x24 = 27,648 cubic inches
divided by 231cubic inches per gallon=
119.69 gallons x 8.35 LBS per gallon =
1,000 pounds for water
I dont think all of the other equip. will add another 1,000 LBS.?

It's a big apartment complex.. have no idea who are they lol...

Too bad. I manage an apartment complex and am in a similar situation as you. My new tank (112 gallons) is over one of the storage areas that looks just like the one under you (but cleaner :))
He said he thought it would be just fine, but it wouldn't be a bad idea to add a couple more supports which took my handyman all of about 30 minutes to do.

I think your math is way off. Based on you dimensions:
48x24x24 = 27,648 cubic inches
divided by 231cubic inches per gallon=
119.69 gallons x 8.35 LBS per gallon =
1,000 pounds for water
I dont think all of the other equip. will add another 1,000 LBS.?
Yeah.. i used an online calculator, so I am not sure if it was right.. I was also taking in consideration a sump too..

I'd be concerned in the event, knock on wood, a big leak and the neighbor's storage unit underneath...
Oh man... that's true, but the tank won't be right on top of it. It will by some 6 or 7 feet to the right :)

Back