"Live" Base rock for sale.

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell, Trade' started by anathema, Apr 16, 2014.

1. anathema

anathema Supporting Member

I've been in the hobby a while, and I tend to hang onto stuff. One of the things I hang onto is live rock. Whenever I come across a chunk I toss it in my 150G rubbermaid tub next to the tank.

It's about 3/4 full now. It's taking up a lot of space. The heater broke too, and I don't want to buy one. I want to downsize my LR storage, but need to downsize the rock collection first.

Some of this rock is from previous setups of mine. Some of it is from Ocean Treasures and was dried out rock from their fire sale. Some of it is chunks I thought I liked because of their interesting shape. It's a mix of flat, branching, and boulder shaped pieces. Some small, some medium, none huge. All of it has been in a tub with heat, light, and circulation for over a year, but I recently turned off the lights when the heater broke. I also used the tub to hold some spaghetti algae that I trimmed from the main tank. Nothing is rooted into the rock, it is mostly free of life. About half the rock is from OT, half is from my previous LR storage setup which had no light and was essentially "cooking" the rock as was in fashion a few years ago. It's all nuisance free. No aiptasia that I've seen either, though I did repeatedly seed the tank with pods, worms, and micro brittles. I don't know what's in fashion nowadays, seems like a lot of people prefer dead rock, but I like bugs in mine.

I also have some emaco cement that I use for building structures with LR, though the bag has been sitting for a long time, it should still be good. I'll throw in a scoop of that with any rocks purchased if you want to build your own structures.

I'm asking $1.00/lb.

2. Bginose94015

Bginose94015 Guest

Where are you located?

3. POOLSCAPES

POOLSCAPES Guest

I would be possibly interested in some also if any is left over. Depending were you are located.

4. anathema

anathema Supporting Member

I'm in San Francisco, Mission District.

5. Bginose94015

Bginose94015 Guest

How can I get ahold of you?

6. POOLSCAPES

POOLSCAPES Guest

Sorry I did not hear from you for a few days. I am trying to buy another tank this Saturday if I can pull it off. It is going to be almost impossible since I have another one coming in two weeks. I am going to put my rock wants on a back burner and see if I can get these nice tanks. Thank you for getting back to me.