livestockusa group buy (GAUGING INTEREST)

Discussion in 'Group Buys' started by Kremis, Sep 19, 2017.

1. Bruce Spiegelman

Bruce Spiegelman Supporting Member

So let's try this. Using that list as an example compile a list of fish everyone wants. I'll take it to a couple of sponsors and see if we can go that route. I can do that by this weekend as I'll be in and out of stores grabbing last minute stuff for the new tank.

Coral reefer likes this.
  2. scuzy

scuzy Supporting Member

That shipping is going to bite you though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

3. Kremis

Kremis Supporting Member

sounds good.

4. Bruce Spiegelman

So let's start the list here:
    Using the BaliBlu list as a guideline who would potentially want what? If it's not on the list that's okay too -- we can see whats available. Some fish are seasonal though.

@Bruce Spiegelman Borbonius

5. Ibn

Ibn Supporting Member

You're correct on the substitutions, but that brings up another gotcha. If they're gonna split the 10 bimacs between 5 different orders, then you're only gonna end up with 2 of them for your order. The other 3 that you're interested in are gonna be some random anthias that you might not want or need. In this case, you might end up with squareback anthias, which they have in higher quantities and at the same price point. Bimacs get pretty large at 5" and squarebacks get 50% larger than that, hitting nearly 8" in length. Just be prepared to have substitutions in mind.

6. Bruce Spiegelman

More of a reason to try this via a sponsor first. No substitutions.

7. Kremis

Kremis Supporting Member

ok, @Kremis 3 Spotted Garden Eels

did i do that right?

8. Bruce Spiegelman

Hmm.. actually I forgot that you cant just add to my post. :) So let's do a separate chain just for orders so it doesn't get confusing with the comments. I'll post it now.

9. Mark B

Mark B Supporting Member

@Kremis I would be willing to commit to buying about $100 worth of livestock with Bali ( We want you to get your eels!!). I think the only fair way to do shipping is by $ percentage of total order. If my $100 is 30% of order total then I will pay 30% of shipping. (it would be best to place a huge order to cut everyones shipping))
    Mark

10. Kremis

Kremis Supporting Member

oh yeah that makes more sense. if diablo corals doesnt work out, and we end up doing this, that seems like the best way to keep things fair.

and thanks for being willing to contribute to this!

11. Mark B

Mark B Supporting Member

On a side note, it appears that the anemone that Peter got from you has split.

12. Kremis

Kremis Supporting Member

oh wow, there must be something with this particular strain of anemone. since i got it 3 years ago, it has created about 13 clones of itself.

13. Mark B

Mark B Supporting Member

Wow! well he got 2 and 1 disappeared a long while ago and now there are 2 smaller anemones. I presume it split (we didnt notice it actually splitting)

14. Kremis

Kremis Supporting Member

yeah generally it happens in a few hours