High Tide Aquatics

Looking for a finish cabinet maker

I can finish it for you... not saying it'll be any good :D

Out of curiosity what look are you going for? Elegant stained wood? Or simple panels?

Thanks for the offer Mike. I do have a buddy who can stain and spray clear if needed. I'm looking for a shaker style in maple with a cherry stain.

My offer was a bit tongue in cheek joke, sorry if it came off as anything but.

Interesting to see what you come up with from the last time I was there it was still in the early remodel looking stages :D

Strange how that works. Wife wants some furniture too, but then decided we need to paint first because paint needs to go first then you match to that, then we need to know how the floors will be finished... *sigh* it's just a coffee table!

PRECISION CABINETS & TRIM
145 Middlefield Court
Brentwood, CA. 94513

www.4pct.com

We just used these guys and the price was right!!!!!

What are your plans for the finish? Do you need access under? Removable panels, doors, etc. For the top it would be nice to have flip up doors for easy front access. How about cherry with no stain? It ages to a most beautiful wood.

I do have some cherry stain that my wife liked from our kitchen remodel. Cherry wood is beautiful that ages darker with time. I like maple stained with cherry because it won't darken as much which could shrink the room aesthetically. I only really need full access from the front of the tank. The doors will either flip up or swing out.

Maple with cherry stain looks great. I have use it on various projects.
And you do not need to wait years for cherry to get the really nice coloration.
Saves a bit of money also, since maple is available at the big box stores pretty cheap.
Maple does not really handle dark stains well, but should be fine with a light cherry.

I personally like mixing maple and oak.
They have hugely different grain patterns, which adds some fun detail.

Make sure to put a pretty good finish layer on it. Spills are very common, and salt water
drips could really cause permanent issues otherwise.

Back