Looking for a rose BTA

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell, Trade' started by bareefers, Dec 6, 2005.

1. bareefers

bareefers BOD

Hey guy's, I'm looking for a rose bta - let me know if you have one.

Alvin

2. bareefers

bareefers BOD

Check out MARS. I'v seen quite a few there lately.

3. nukeproof

nukeproof Guest

I saw some at New Alameda Aquatics. The one that caught my eyes was the one with an actual bubble tip.

4. jimsar

jimsar Guest

For how long? Mine had bubble tips whe I got it, it didn't take long for them to disappear.

Hey Pat, how's the new tank? Stocking that big momma will pay Alameda Aquatic's rent ... or Steve's next trip to Vietnam.

Jim

5. bareefers

bareefers BOD

Jim do you have any clowns hosting in your RBTA's ? I'm running an anemone only setup now, and for some reason they all have kept their bubble-looking tips. I don't have clowns so I'm trying to figure out if there is any correlation. Whenever I previously kept clowns w/ BTA's they never maintained their bubble-tips...

6. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics Supporting Member

I have (had?) a nice look RBTA in my main tank with my tomato clowns that quickly lost it's tenticles. I moved it from the main tank to my secondary tank (in the hopes my percula would host.. it didn't) and it got bubbles back, of course there was a lot less light over the tank as well, so that might have something to do with it. I'd sell my RBTA if I could find it.

7. bareefers

bareefers BOD

Although not an RBTA I have had a green bulb tip for over 5 years now. When I first got into a reef tank (29g mini reef) it was one of my first purchases. Back then I didn't have timers on the lights, and the tank lighting was based on when I woke up and feel asleep (in other words some days were 8 hours, others 16 hours, and sometimes 24 hours or light or darkness). Needless to say the tank didn't do so well. The corals and anemone grew, but SLOWLY. Then, the anemone stopped growing and started shrining in size to the point where it never fully extended. It would only open up to about 2 inches. Well, this was my wake up call to get serious or get out. I bought some timers for the lights, and within months everything started growing really well. The anemoe rebounded and started to grow, but no bulbs on the tips. It got to about 7 inches across but no bulbs. I got a maroon clown, it adopted the anemone right away, and within two weeks I noticed the bulbs. Since then the anemone has split three or four times. I have three total in the tank right now all clumped together in one corne. Each is about 7 inches when fully expanded and it looks like a big piece of carpet in the corner of the tank. The maroon clown moves around through all of them. Whats the point? All thee are right next to each other. One has blubs on almost all of the tentacles, one on about half, and one with hardly any. I don't think anyone has figured out what makes the bulbs come out. I gave away one anemone a few months ago, but it looks like one of the 3 will be splitting soon. We'll see...

8. Vincerama2

Vincerama2 Evil Overlord

Do you guys feed your RBTAs? Could diet effect bubble tips? FWIW, I rarely feed mine and they are very bubble-tippy. I got another clone from Tony (in San Carlos) and it is acclimating in a quarantine tank without the bubble tips. Though it seems much happier than when I first got it, possibly because I fed it some shrimp (not mysis shrimp, an actually surf-n-turf shrimp, uncooked, of course).

V