High Tide Aquatics

Looking for a Vegetarian

So my tank is beginning to be over grown by some kind of plant. It is in the midst of a growth spurt and and I can't keep up by plucking it with tweezers. What kind of fish would eat this??
thumbnail.jpeg

That looks a bit fern-like. I hope not. Might be Bryopsis.

Tank size?
Simple yellow tang can do wonders.
Hermits, but they have some risks.

I think it is caulerpa prolifera? It is a plant that is vine like with roots. Not fernlike at all. I would need a kabillion hermits to slow this thing down

Hmm, 60, beware the Tang police.
A Kole would be fine, but not the best algae eater.

Consider a 1 spot Foxface. (Not magnificent)

I think it is caulerpa prolifera? It is a plant that is vine like with roots. Not fernlike at all. I would need a kabillion hermits to slow this thing down
Yes - looks like caulerpa to me. It’s great to grow in a sump to feed tangs, but it tends to get its “roots” into rock crevices so manual removal becomes difficult. Emerald crabs will obliterate it.

Can I have some of that for my sump?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am in the midst of eradication. Yes, but it is not like they are large pieces. I would not add this crap to my system. Picked up the last Emerald Crab and a really healthy looking Yellow Tang.
Cheers! Mark

I am in the midst of eradication. Yes, but it is not like they are large pieces. I would not add this crap to my system. Picked up the last Emerald Crab and a really healthy looking Yellow Tang.
Cheers! Mark

Its that invasive? Looks nice to me though. My chaeto seems to be dying as well so I could use some plants that my fish might enjoy. Maybe Im not fully understanding how invasive and pain they are to have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doesn’t matter which tang, but it has to be a big tang, my small tangs doesn’t touch it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back