Cali Kid Corals

Looking for coral donations for Steinhart (easy stuff!)

Thales

Past President
Hey everyone,

I am looking for corals for Steinhart - stuff like GSP, Nepthia, Capnella, mushrooms - basic stuff we can use to fill out exhibits, as well as add to the big tank (which looks to be nearing the end of its new tank syndrome). I'd love to get big pieces, but beggers cant be choosers. If you have something to donate, please either post to this thread or email me at rross@calacademy.org. We'll also take SPS and LPS but don't have the capacity currently to take small frags (my home tank is filling out the small frag needs at the moment) .

Steinhart hasn't bought a single coral and we would like to keep it that way, but it only possible through the continued generosity of people like BAR members who are proponents of propagation. Thanks in advance!

Rich

Oooh an academy email address aren't you special ;)

Any time frame on when you need these? I'm still working on fixing a tank for my softies, and when I move stuff over I'm going to do some executive decision making (regardless of what the woman says... but shhh don't tell her I said that!) and will have softies to go.. we're looking at 1 month time frames though, and I might have to argue on some of the corals...

As to the SPS/LPS... what do you define as "small frags" I can give you a minicolony size of Acropora micropthalma as it's starting to shade other corals.. multiple branches, that sort of thing.. and to be perfectly honest if you want to just toss it in the tank any ol place as a "test coral" I wouldn't feel offended :D I have a softball size (and shape) favia that's kind of "plain jane" an "orange" (light brown :D) flesh with bright neon green eyes... ever since I saw an 8" sweeper one morning I've been looking to rid myself of it. Also have a fairly large hunk of acan echinata that's not terribly fancy colored, but maybe the size of a hand... ~100 polyps size or so not a little frag by any definition.

Yes to everything mentioned so far! Thanks!

Nothing is lame. We have lots of space to fill and 'lame' coals are only lame to jaded reefers! :D

If you could bring stuff by the academy that would rock! Shoot me an email so we can make meeting up arrangements.

I love you guys!

I wish I knew about this before I went on a weeding rampage. :(

What I have left that is largish: :)

GSP, about 6" X 3"
IPSF Red mushroom rock, about 5+ mushrooms. Rock is 4" X 2.5-3"
Want any IPSF Anthelia?

Will this be an ongoing request for a while? If so, I could make you a multicolored mushroom rock. When do need the corals?

Oh, and a small colony of 50+ heads Gorilla Nipples (OK Erin, I said it :D ). I was going to donate to BAYMAC, but I don't think it has that "wow" factor to sell well. If you want it, you 're welcome to it. :)

I have a small colony (about 20-25 heads) of some pretty cool pink zoanthids I can donate.......shooting you an email.

I have a decent sized colony of Lyng Sy I would like to donate. It isn't massive but it is not a frag either. Doesn't show any of the nodulation characteristic of it but I got it a long way back from Norm so I am pretty sure it is the real deal.

Rich I need to weed out some rocks covered in palys/zoas/gsp from a friends tank. Call me and we'll arrange this somehow :)

seminolecpa said:
I have a decent sized colony of Lyng Sy I would like to donate. It isn't massive but it is not a frag either. Doesn't show any of the nodulation characteristic of it but I got it a long way back from Norm so I am pretty sure it is the real deal.

Save me a chunk of that one, Bryan! :D

Got Idaho Grape, brown palys, GSP.

Hey Rich!

Neptune will be glad to donate a bunch of Kenya Trees and some Pulsating Xenias. Can someone pick these up? We won't have the time to drop them off though. Let me know! ;)

Cheers!

Rich

One of my neighbors is closing down his tank because he is moving to South Carolina. He has offer us first pick but there are some pieces that are way too big for our tanks. We are suppose to pick up on Monday evening. I will send you pictures of the ones that will be available and let me know if you would like them. Do you want any livestock? He has few fish that may be available.

I will not be at the BOD meeting today. Please let me know how to get them to you.

Mike Ray

I have a bunch of stuff I would love to donate . Mostly sps , but pretty large "frags" . I have a few caps , surf n truff , elk horn , if you want Ill give you half of my "rich's acro tenius " colony . I can cut about 3" off of it and not miss it . If you want my orange crush acan colony .....its yours . PM me a good way to get this stuff to you and ill bring it up .

Back