Kessil

Looking for coral donations for Steinhart (easy stuff!)

fingerwrinkles said:
Gresh, when you don't have much to show off, you got to sieze the moment when you can! I'm just proud of the fact that I can grow something besides clowns and 'nems!

Rich, let me know the best email to reach you at, and we can start talking schedules.

Thanks.
If it's anything like them it's no less the stellar :)

I have a large orange monti cap that I would be happy to donate but I have no plans to go up to SF. I would be happy to drop off anywhere in the south bay. if you want it shoot me a email albboy007@hotmail.com I dont check this site very offen

Rich, haven't forgotten about you but the last couple weeks have been hectic. I'll reach out to you via email to see if we can set up a time to drop off some items. I also spoke with a fellow who has a bunch of stuff from a tank downsize and should be contacting you.

BTW, the family took a trip this past weekend and our youngest is now enthralled with the display at the airport. We got back in at around 11 PM, but she still wanted to swing by and check out the clowns plus look at the frogs!

Thanks everyone! The donations so far have been very generous and wonderful!

No rush on anything, and if anyone else wants to donate, please shoot me an email at rross@calacademy.org. Some of Mikeys corals are going in the big tank this week (hopefully)!

Thanks again!

RR

Robin - glad the the airport is looking good. Our Director finally got out there and made me blush. Right in time for yearly reviews too!

Cool, you'll have to give us a heads up where to look for some of those corals. So far I only know where Jeremy's hydno is.

Out of curiosity what is going on with that day/night tank around the corner from the big one, man that's got a major algae outbreak on both sides I saw Tuesday, then today I say the day side was cleaned of the algae but lots of evidence that it was there still remained (i.e. skeletons)

Rich, sent you email, I'm going to head up to Steinharts on Sunday (June 28) with kids in tow for the morning, I can drop off the sps at the same time. We'll be there in the morning, when/where can we meet OR who/when/where can I drop it off with?

V

Hey Rich come by the store when you got a chance or give me a call I got some stuff I can donate to you from the store. Gigas clam heheheheh, Scolymia, Purple Zoa colony with turquoise stag and some various montiporas. Let me know

hey rich if you still need some mushrooms I can donate some reds, purples, and greens if you are interested. I know you are asking for corals but if you need some caulerpa I can donate some of that too.

Hey guys,

Thanks again, and I apologize for missing some people last weekend. We are in the middle of AZA accreditation and are busier than you could ever imagine, so we don't have time right now to take any more stuff. Hopefully this will all be over in a couple of weeks and I can find time to post updated pics of the corals that have been donated and are already on show.

RR

One of Daniels Monti cap colonies went on display yesterday. I redid the Rhinopias tank and in it went. Super sweet rhinopias btw. In that tank are Daniels cap and several of Mikeys acros.

In the main tank in the Buddha window are Dudlies cap and mikeys acan - along side of Jeremy's hydno.

In the orange spot file fish tank (I have them eating pellets and flake!) there is Charles Nepthia and Richards GSP.

A bunch more will go on display over the next couple of weeks.

Oh I saw those Rich, the orange cap cluster is Dudley's? The acans looked nice too, did you put other corals in there? Looked like some other LPS in there I don't recall seeing before.

Something hypnotic about watching the tangs pick on the rocks, looks like you really got the algae under control in there, didn't see any briopsis at all.

Back