Neptune Aquatics

Looking for new tank

Dan

just got back from out of town and i guess my light fixture got moisture inside and tripped my GFCI :( tank was 54F when i got back last night. Almost had a nervous breakdown. Lost some fish and the others are doing back flips:( im to overwhelmed to see what else i lost at the moment. Its looking like i have to start over. Im sooo disappointed atm. I might as well start start over with a bigger tank but i have to do some research to see how much weight my room on the second floor can hold. I really don't want to buy one off craigslist considering who knows what happened to the tank before they tried to sell it...

Looking for 130-150 gallon glass tank

Any suggestions on who sells good quality tanks without having to sell a kidney to afford one?? Bay Area California

Aquarium showroom is moving and having a sale on used tanks, think he still has some 180RR but give him a call.
Sorry about the tank going arctic on you.

sweet thanks for the reply! trying to contact my contractor to get his opinion on how much weight my room can withstand. RR would be a huge plus! ill try contacting them now to get some prices! thanks again!

Jess tank is NICE !!
I think weight would have to do a lot with the orientation of the joists and the planned tank set-up plus if there's a load bearing wall too.
I saw a 150G (I believe it was that volume) from one of the RC guys on a third floor !!!
...but that's one's own decision.

My contractor said he wouldn't risk doing a 150 gallon tank in my room with a starting weight of just water 1800lbs. What's your opinion of a 120 gallon tank on a 2nd story house? My current tank is 55 gallon with a 30 gallon sump/refugium...

15 year old house owned by my mom and pops... contractor also said if it was against the outer wall he might risk it but since its a inner wall with crown molding in the den below my room, he said it could crack the molding. He also said the house is built tough but not supported like houses he builds upon request knowing there will be a big fish tank. the guy knows his stuff for sure.

just priced 120 gallon Aqueron with double overflows and stand with no canopy at $600 brand new , pine wood. i think the overflows pvc is extra at $70 x2= another $140. thats the best i could find between 3 somewhat local fish stores... so brand new im looking around $740+

just a bit more than i want to spend at the moment...

check out my tank thread..... eld diablos 120......

its used but no major scratches..... tank has been maoddified before me to open top for larger rock structures.... also the stand is in good shape used but good shape. it also has been moddified with a full power wall and built in timers up to 3 pairs of items can be on timers and i beleive 18 other items as well can be plugged in.... i paid a good penny for it but if interested lets talk, i have to move so i need a smaller tank now..........

Back