Looking for volunteers

Discussion in 'General Club Business' started by Coral reefer, Dec 11, 2016.

1. Coral reefer

Coral reefer President

We have a framework callender in place for 2017, however, we are looking for a few brace individuals willing to help make a few extra events happen.

We have the coral farmers market feb 11, members only frag swap march 11, lfs sponsors tour, regional frag swap in September, a academy of science tour, and the December potluck. We are hoping to add a guest speaker for one meeting, and possibly do a Monterey bay aquarium tour, ( Anyone wanna sweet talk Matt Wandell?)

Other possible events are a rock scape building get together, possibly in January. We would need a host for this get together, and we wouldn't need to buy a bunch if emaco and acryil or whatever. Anyone wanna offer up a meeting place?

Fish food making. We take seafood ingredients, blend them up, and freeze them for later use. We would need a couple food processors, and a place to do it, and maybe someone to buy ingredients. @FeliciaLynn has made this happen in the past if anyone is curious on how to proceed.

Tank tours. We would need someone to take on the task of finding people in a relatively close geographical area that are willing to show their tanks off. In the past some tours have included food and or lfs stops. It's up to the organizer. These are not technically club events, but usually we don't schedule a club event in months that we have tank tours. @Apon , hoping you might do the sf tank tour again in nov? If anybody has questions on how to put together a tour ask Arnold.

Fragging demonstration/informal frag swapping/dbtc party. Would need a host and a few people to volunteer corals to be fragged.

Informal social get togethers like the BBQ Dick Flanningan held this year at his house just for fun and to get to know other members better are welcome as well.

If anyone wants to volunteer you can post here or send me a message about what you'd like to help with.

Ashalye likes this.
  2. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics Supporting Member

Arnold said he's not doing the SF tank tour until I get my tank up, so one of the meetings should be "everyone do construction in Mike's basement" event :D

3. Flagg37

Flagg37 Officer at large

Hahaha, that's a good one.

I'll host pretty much anything whether it's aquascape or food or whatever else may be needed. We could probably do a South Bay tank tour too. @Vhuang168 is about 15 mins from me, and I think @sjbro is somewhere in between us. I'm sure there's more down this way that I'm unaware about.

4. Vhuang168

Vhuang168 Supporting Member

Tygunn is near us and I think 1 other. Maybe sometime later in the year when both our tanks have settled more.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5. roostertech

roostertech reef noob

I can may be host the rock scape event as well if you want a east bay location. Do you have date in mind yet?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

6. Coral reefer

Coral reefer President

Basically any time In January. Probably a sat.

7. sjbro

sjbro Guest

Yes, I'm couple min away from Vincent, in Almaden neighborhood.

8. BSAJim

BSAJim Supporting Member

I appreciated the LFS Google map that was set up, and open for anybody to update.

Would it make sense to create an open map, so that members who were willing could place their own pins? Might be good to know where fellow reefers are in an emergency or just for smaller localized get-togethers.

Thoughts?

9. Flagg37

Flagg37 Officer at large

I'd feel comfortable sharing my zip code on a map like that. I don't know how to do it though.

10. roostertech

roostertech reef noob

Google map used to be easier to "collaborate" on location, but they have change it since. There are other tools for this sort of thing. I just can't recall it right now.

11. roostertech

roostertech reef noob

12. Flagg37

Flagg37 Officer at large

Placed my marker. I'm the olive colored one.

13. Gablami

Gablami Supporting Member

It's not placing my pin for some reason. Will try again later.

14. Bruce Spiegelman

Bruce Spiegelman Supporting Member

I'm the pretty blue pin. I can't volunteer to host anything, but I'm more than happy to volunteer to help at an event.

15. Flagg37

Flagg37 Officer at large

Who is that yellow pin in the ocean? Fish?

16. Ashalye

Ashalye Webmaster

We're purple. :)

17. BSAJim

BSAJim Supporting Member

Posted mine. Blue down in the Almaden / Santa Teresa area of San Jose

18. Kim Pattison

Kim Pattison Supporting Member

I know I'm a bit out of the area but there are those of use outside of the bay that like o play in the surf, even if we live no where near it.

19. Flagg37

Flagg37 Officer at large

Hey, we live in the same zip code.

20. Vhuang168

Vhuang168 Supporting Member

LOL.. added mine. Red but it put me in the middle of the park!