Looking for Xenia

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell, Trade' started by Elite, Jun 7, 2008.

1. Elite

Elite Guest

the big kind.. the one that has a huge body and doesn't grow too fast (Xenia doesn't grow fast for me anyway ::) ) .. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?? ;D

2. tapmorf

tapmorf Guest

I think I saw some at Ocean Treasures today. The kind where the stalk is longer.

3. newfish84

newfish84 Guest

Not sure if this would help, but someone on craigslist is selling some for $15.
    http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/for/710019355.html

4. Elite

Elite Guest

Thanks Joyce, Does it look like the pompom kind or the other kind?

thanks newfish.. I sent the guy an email.

5. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics Supporting Member

What's "the big kind" I have enough pom pom (whitish/pink) xenia to feed an army... ok that doesn't sound right. But it has a relatively fat body compared to the size of it's stalks.

6. Elite

Elite Guest

A while back there was someone in Mountain View sold this kind. He said it's like the pompom kind but it would grew into giant stack and doesn't split until it reach somewhere 3-4" diameter. I think he sold it for like $50 a pop. That's all I rememeber. :(

7. sfsuphysics

hmmm, well can't say if I have "that kind" while the individual stalks are big before they split, no where in the 3-4" diameter size.

8. Elite

Elite Guest

wanna bring me some of those Mike ?? :D

9. sfsuphysics

I wasn't planning on going to the meeting, but I might make it, and if I do I'll try to remember... your lights too!

10. tuberider

tuberider Guest

I think you're looking for "Red Sea" Xenia Phong. I'll try and scrounge some up before the next meeting IIRC I'll be servicing a tank that has a ton of it this week, I think it's this week, my schedule book is down in the truck and I'm too hungover/lazy to get it right now :p

11. sfsuphysics

Going by the google images look of "red sea xenia" it looks exactly like the stuff I got in my tank.

12. tapmorf

tapmorf Guest

Phone, I use to have the kind you are looking - I believe it is the kind at Ocean Treasures.

13. tapmorf

tapmorf Guest

sorry I spelled your name wrong Phong -

14. Elite

Elite Guest

Cool... thanks guys/lady!!..

NP Joyce.. :)

15. Mr. Ugly

Mr. Ugly Past President

Phong, isn't that the kind that looks like a huge xenia tree? Or like a giant stalk of broccoli.

I think Ed/DrDoolittle had a pic of it in his tank, right?

16. Elite

Elite Guest

yeah that is the kind.. let me go find ed's picture ..

17. Elite

Elite Guest

Norman, I don't see any Xenia in Ed's tank.

18. Elite

Elite Guest

OK.. I think it's the Giant Bali Xenia.. Look like the pompom but each stack is much bigger.

19. Mr. Ugly

Mr. Ugly Past President

Sounds familiar.

20. Gomer

Gomer Honorary Member