Reef nutrition

looking for your fish

i am in the market for a few more fish, looking for

a mandarin( might buy a ORA)
tangs(not a yellow or blue)
wrasse ( reef safe)
bangaii cardinal fish(medium large size)
maybe even a neon goby

rather buy some from a tank that is running and that are eating versus buying from Aquarium Concepts, not alot of luck from them lately

When you say reef safe wrasse, do you mean one that will not eat hermits, snails and shrimps or one that simply will not molest your corals?

I've bought fish from all over:

4 chromies - Lucky Goldfish in San Jose (bought 5 originially, 1 died, I think that happens to a lot of people)
1 midas blenny - Neptune Aquatics (healthy, happy)
1 purple firefish - Neptune Aquatics (healthy, happy)
2 saddleback clowns - 6 Ave Aquarium in SF (only 1 now, tank overflow killed one)(2nd got Ich from Achilles, but recovered now)
1 helfrichi firefish - Neptune Aquatics (was healthy and happy)(died, Ich from Achilles)
1 yellow clown goby - Neptune Aquatics (died, couldn't get it to eat)
1 radiant wrasse - Blue Ocean Aquatics (healthy, happy)
1 Yellow Tang - Aquarium Showroom (healthy, happy)
1 Achilles Tang - Aquarium Showroom (died from Ich after 2 month battle, would have been ok if I QT from the start, was eating pellets and Nori right off the bat)
1 Lyretail Anthia - Aquatic Gallery (had a hard time eating, was healthy, but just died one day after a month, maybe Ich from Achilles, but I didn't see any signs of it)

The Radiant Wrasse is super friendly and reef safe. I love him, and all the other fish of course.

I am probably not gonna get another Achilles, but maybe try Powder Brown Tang, Gold Rim Tang, or Sailfin Tang. I have to do hypo to all fish first and rid tank of Ich.

might try gold rim as well

im just had bad luck with fish lately from LFS thats why im looking for them from fellow BAR members or forums that tanks are closing

try blue ocean in san jose,seem like everybody i talk to,love how TeK qurantine his fishes before selling to you.i know his prices is more expensive but it's well worth it.GL

lapsan

dswong01 said:
I never had very good luck with fish from Aquarium Concepts. Alot of ick. Really have to quaranteen their fish.
+1

Of all the fish I've gotten, they have been the worst. All my other LFS (sponsors) fish purchases have worked out well and are either alive, or dead from jumping :p

Back