Cali Kid Corals

Looking to PRE-trade coral at the upcoming frag swap:: 08.15.09 +FREE S/H ;)

I don't think there has been a trading thread setup just yet for the upcoming 8/15 swap. So anyone who wants to post coral for trade here can feel free to do so - EVEN IF THE TRADE IS NOT WITH ME! LOL

I'm looking for anything nice. If anyone is interested, please reply here since I cannot accept PMs. OR email homegrownfrags at gmail dot com. I have frags already cut and healing from the ones pictured in these photos:

LE Miami Hurricane, Approx 1" frags (x2) with very large single eye. Frags are eating 1 mysis shrimp per day. Looking for a nice LE watermelon chalice or equivalent for this one.
080609_miami.jpg

Devil's Armor, 2 polyp & 4+ polyp frags
071809_zoas2.jpg

Everlasting Gobstoppers, 2 polyp frag
072809_gobstoppers.jpg

True Undata, Pinky nail sized frag (slightly larger)
072809_undata.jpg

RedBug Monti, 1/2" frags (x2)
072909_redbug3.jpg

Single Acan 1 polyp with Rainbow
-LIKE qualities (as shown). 3x single-headed frags. Plus one 4+ polyp frag. Pic taken under a 400W 20K Radium bulb.
072409_acans1.jpg

Side Angle Closeup of Acan 1. These are THE SAME ones as the pic directly above. *These will show a different hue at different angles and lighting. Pic taken under a 250W 14K SPS Blue Life bulb.
072909_rainbow2.jpg

Single Acan 2
polyp with Rainbow
-LIKE qualities (as shown). 3x single-headed frags. Plus one 4+ polyp frag.
072409_acans2.jpg

ORA's Joe the Coral
, 3 branch frag, approx 1"
072909_joe.jpg

Nuclear Greens
, Single Polyp & 4+ Polyp
062309_nuclear.jpg

Pink Chalice
, 3/4" to 1" frags (x7)
062409_chalice.jpg

Hollywood Stunner or Firefly (not sure which), the one in the middle CUT IN HALF
072809_firefly.jpg

Additional frags not pictured here:

ORA Green Birdsnest (x2 mini colonies)
Purple Tipped Hammer (x2 heads)
Frogspawn (as much as you want. lol)
Blue Ricordia (4x LARGE on rock)
Idaho Grape, 1" frags
Pink Panther Zoas, to the left of the pink chalice pictured above (10+ polyps x2)

Thanks for looking!

Ooh, I want that piece! Where did you get it, if you don't mind me asking? I got my colony from a guy who originally bought 3 LE frags (BGM, Tyree Pink Watermelon, & this Miami Hurricane) from Aqua Life in Rocklin, CA.

I like the gobstoppers, shoot me an e-mail on $___?
marioensf at yahoo dot com
I have nothing fancy to trade, started to acquire some zoas and they seem nice

Ya, I suppose the other one located in "Frag Swap Info and Guidelines" can be deleted. Didn't see a delete option on my end. I should have posted it here the first time.

I got it from a very nice BAR reefer Budgetyourself who knows the owner of Youreef.com who is the owner of the original bazookajoe. I am also is looking to trade for a frag of the BGM.

DEAL. I have a 2nd generation frag of the original BGM, obtained from the same colony (cut on the same day) when Steve Tyree first acquired his. LOL. Bought a tiny frag only 3 wks ago, directly from John @ YourReef. It only has 2 eyes at the moment, but I've been feeding them 1 mysis shrimp per eye, per day. And it's already grown noticeably larger. I'd be open to cutting you a small eye as soon as it grows 5. Got anymore chalices? I'd like the Tyree Pink Watermelon if possible.

Email me about the MH for Joe. I know the deal may be a bit lop-sided, even for only a 1/2" piece of Joe, but I'll give you the MH frag taken from the largest eye of the entire colony. Color is fantastic too btw.

I know it lopsided but what the heck, I'll frag tonight and will let you know how they turn out, love to have that BGM when you are ready. I do have other nice chalices water melon, orange, blue, purple with green eyes.

Right on! I wouldn't think of cutting the BGM so soon, but I would do it out of gratitude for this trade. I'm thinkin maybe 3mos, since this is somewhat of a slow grower. I'm sure by then you'll acquire other chalices to trade too :)

I don't think there has been a trading thread setup just yet for the upcoming 8/15 swap. So anyone who wants to post coral for trade here can feel free to do so - EVEN IF THE TRADE IS NOT WITH ME! LOL

Hi dswong, does your undata grow outward like a monticap or encrust over rock? Looks like a little of both from the pic. Can you take a clearer pic or perhaps a top down shot, so I can see the colors better?

BTW, I just locked a trade for the Gobstoppers. BUT I'd be open to fragging more in exchange for PPEs or Darth Mauls. Also, I've been asked by a couple of people to post more true-to-color pics of the acans due to the variation in the photos. Will do tomorrow.

Sure, why not. I'd be willing to trade a small frag I have of the redbug monti, if you don't mind a pinky-nail sized piece. That would make it about 1/2" though. It seems to be a resilient coral. If it's too small for a trade, I'd also be open to DBTC'ing it to you. Let me know...

You wouldn't have any closer pics of your undata, would you?

Hey blue, thanks for the welcome. See anything you like? But I'm sure you've seen it all MANY TIMES before on NR. hehe

Trade me some acans?

I have three Purple Death palys looking to trade for couple PPE
I will be at the swap but for a small time window since I have to work.
have no good camera but picture shows the mini colony I had in a Biocube29 (upper right)
One polyp attached to a little branch and now shows three.

Picture091.jpg

Back