got ethical husbandry?

Looking to PRE-trade coral at the upcoming frag swap:: 08.15.09 +FREE S/H ;)

Not sure of the name but looks nice, has been growing OK, low nutrients tank.
Was given a small tiny cut when my brother bought some eagle eyes zoas from a guy in the richmond district in SF, I saw the macro and he said it was about $20 for a small bunch but he game me a little of it and there it is.
I've placed it in three tanks to grow it and as a back up in case one vanishes.
At home it barely grows even chaeto kind of dissapears due to no nutrients?
sent you a pm

Sounds good, ds.

By request, I'm posting additional pics. Keep in mind the acans were cut only a couple of days ago, so they could be a bit irritated and not 100% healed.

081209_acans2.jpg

081209_acans3.jpg

081209_acanhead.jpg

Everlasting Gobstoppers are locked in trade.
081209_gs2.jpg

I do have a few more that I'd be willing to cut, but hopefully for some PPEs or Darth Mauls.
081209_gs3.jpg

Tyree BGM still has some growing to do, but I'm feeding it like a PIG.
081209_bgm.jpg

Many items that aren't pre-traded WILL BE on the swap table. I heard that many members are *extremely* generous when submitting coral for the group swap. As so will I. Just want to lock in some absolute trades, if you know what I mean ;)

"the BGM is looking like a pig too lol ... nice Acan, love to trade for that sometime"

HAHA. That's why I bought him, cuz he was staring straight at me like it wanted to be fed. Tired of eating oyster eggs all day at the LFS. Wanted something meatier. If I could feed it a whole chicken, I would.

Purple up, Bryan is going to help me frag the Bazooka joe Saturday morning using his diamond blade band saw, if you don't mind getting a freshly cut frag then I can bring it to the swap for the trade, otherwise we can always wait until the frag is healed before we trade. LMK

Hey NorthBay, not a problem. I'll take it freshly cut. How about placing it in a slightly larger container w/ a little more water? Your MH is being fed daily. I wouldn't be surprised if it grows another eye by Sat. lol

I'll throw in a 1" frag of my cool pink chalice too. Honestly, I don't know what it's called officially bc it started to show purple tints under my new 14k frag light. Had it for 4+ years since I first got into the hobby. It hibernated under PCs for 2yrs, until it finally woke up after I installed a 250W 14K. LMK if you already have one.

NorthBay, how do I find you on Sat? Send me a quick email with your cell? I think I'm getting there early around 11am.

BTW, all Acans are locked up in trade. And the Hollywood Stunner Chalice (Firefly) is spoken for as well. Gobstoppers are gone too. Still have 1 more Miami Hurricane frag and 4 more of the Pink Chalice. 1 tiny frag left of the RedBug Monti. Devil's Armor Zoas are still available. Anything else not mentioned is still available.

Forgot to mention earlier, I have some Tubs Blues
that I can frag if anyone wants to propose a trade for em. I can cut 6-10 polyps easy. Thanks for all the interest so far.

I have purple heart zoas I can frag for trades. I got it from atlantis. Looking for high end zoas I don't already have. Let me know what you have. Thanks

Purpleup I can't pm you through BAR for some reason, but I will be easy to find, just ask for the "Asian guy with the wife" lol .... I'll also be hanging out with Seminolecpa (Bryan) so just check in with him.

Juliusjames, deal on the Hearts for Devils. Anyone else? I have one Devil's Armor frag left. It's one very large polyp with 2 open baby polyps.

Sounds good, northbay. I'll be the other asian guy with the wife. lol

Gomer, I get the hint ;) I need to pay for gas to get down to the swap. Driving from El Dorado Hills near Tahoe! Looks like this community has already added value to my tank. Please consider me a member with an IOU.

purpleup said:
Gomer, I get the hint ;) I need to pay for gas to get down to the swap. Driving from El Dorado Hills near Tahoe! Looks like this community has already added value to my tank. Please consider me a member with an IOU.

I wasn't trying to drop a guilt bomb your way lol. But we do welcome new faces :-D
The PM issue is often brought up, and the reply is practically generic lol.

Back