got ethical husbandry?

Looks like it's time for a portable ac unit for the garage and house for that matter

Hayward is roasting. Tank is getting hot during the day. House is blazing too. That's one thing I loved about the coast , natural ac

Natural AC until you get that once every few years in the 90s with no wind blowing... then you do some lightless days and hope you already bought fans to blow across your tank :)

I'm in Castro Valley which is right next to Hayward. Typically, there are only a handful of days where it is so hot that AC is required. Having fans blowing works very well and easier on the pocket-book rather than running the AC!! Welcome to the neighborhood!!

Yup I concur with Geneva I am also a castro valley resident and maybe 2-3 weeks in summer the past fews years that AC is needed. but reverse light cycle works,(turn on lights later in evening when temp is cooler, fans blowing over surface of tank water, ice in containers/bottles placed in tank to cool are all good alternatives.

Yeah I kinda freaked out on that first hot day. Temps have calmed down since then and I did go buy a better fan to blow across the surface. Thanks for the welcome to the neighborhood. Good to know other reefers close by

Back