LPS and Soft Coral donations to Monterey Bay Aquarium 6-16

Discussion in 'Pay It Forward' started by Apon, May 31, 2018.

1. Apon

Apon Volunteer

Hello,

If anyone wants to donate any LPS and Soft corals to Monterey Bay Aquarium, please post here. Even if you are not attending my tour on the 16th but want to donate - We might be able to bring it down there, by folks who are coming. They will take Xenia and Kenya tree too - so it might be a good time to prune less desirable. Please post the type of coral and where you are located - maybe we can arrange some pickups.

Name/ Handle/ Coral/ Location.

2. Peter B

Peter B Supporting Member

I'd be happy to donate!
    Peter Bissell/ @Peter B / wild green zoas, mean green zoas, corky finger gorgonian, large-ish green mushrooms / Redwood City

3. daddio

daddio Supporting Member

Mark @daddio
    I can bring:
    - 2 varieties of cloves
    - Green/brown Palys
    - Waving hand Anthalia
    - Green Star Polyps
    - Several different varieties of mushrooms
    Redwood City

4. daddio

daddio Supporting Member

Hey @Apon, Peter and I are going to head out early (6am) Do you think our corals will be ok in a cooler til we start the tour.

5. RandyC

RandyC Supporting Member

Corals get shipped overnight all the time, just make sure they don't get too hot or too cold (staying in the 70s is good).

I wouldn't recommend it, but I've had corals in the same bag of water for 36+ hours survive just fine.

6. Apon

Apon Volunteer

should be fine - I am verifing with Matt if he can meet early to pick corals. If you are interested in carpooling lmk since I am coming from SF. not sure I will leave that early though.

7. NanoCrazed

NanoCrazed Supporting Member

Would they like some majano, aiptasia, or tulip nems? ;)

8. daddio

daddio Supporting Member

Cool. On the carpooling we are really leaving at 6 and will probably head back right after the tour. Peter leaves early the following morning for a Boy Scout camping trip and we will need to get him organized.

9. Apon

Apon Volunteer

10. coral4me

coral4me Supporting Member

We can bring a Gargonian and some Purple Sponges.

11. Apon

Apon Volunteer

cool Matt, text me when you get there. You still have my number from Macna right?

Ashalye likes this.