Cali Kid Corals

ltb.. pair of snowflake, or Picasso snowflake clowns

ORA is a great source, most of our sponsors order from them, those strains are not found in the wild, so it's captive only.

In general I buy captive clowns only, they tend to be free from brook.

At one of the LFS I go to they put some chemical (I think copper?) in all of their tanks which are fish only. I got my Black Ocellaris from there and they were wild caught. To my knowledge copper will kill any disease, but it kills pretty much everything but fish unless the levels of copper are low enough.

From what I've recently heard, all clownfish are born with an instinct to go into anemones. My clownfish don't accept any anemones under 6" which is why they only use the RBTA. Yours may not go into anemones unless the anemones are big enough, and depending on the environment and other fish's behaviors they may not need the anemone. I personally think there are a lot of factors in whether the clownfish will accept the anemone.

And as for where to order from, I would also suggest ORA. :)

Euphyllia said:
At one of the LFS I go to they put some chemical (I think copper?) in all of their tanks which are fish only. I got my Black Ocellaris from there and they were wild caught. To my knowledge copper will kill any disease, but it kills pretty much everything but fish unless the levels of copper are low enough.

From what I've recently heard, all clownfish are born with an instinct to go into anemones. My clownfish don't accept any anemones under 6" which is why they only use the RBTA. Yours may not go into anemones unless the anemones are big enough, and depending on the environment and other fish's behaviors they may not need the anemone. I personally think there are a lot of factors in whether the clownfish will accept the anemone.

And as for where to order from, I would also suggest ORA. :)

Read up on copper as what you believe is wrong :) Copper is really only for certain parasites, which are not diseases but parasites :)

kills Marine Ich (Cryptocaryon irritans) and Marine Velvet (Amyloodinium ocellatum)... Those two I know it works on, both are parasites. Simply read the bottle, it should acknowledge what it treats ;)

It does effect fungal infections, bacterial infections, and some flukes but there are much better medications for those then copper. Copper tend to be tough on fish and there's quite a few (like angels) that do not do well in it. There are even some species of clowns to do not like it.

ok back to the subject....

who is a lfs that deals with ORA and canget me 2 semi snowflakes or maybe as a back up a mated pair of sadelback oraustalian black percula mated pair

Green Marine makes ORA orders every now and then. You could PM him and see if they're available from ORA and he might be able to order them for you with the next ORA order. Mated pairs are harder to find in stores but you can sometimes find them. There are a lot of mated pairs of fish online.
Here's a website that sells mated pairs of Black Percula, mated pairs of Saddlebacks, and they also sell ORA semi snowflakes. They sell lots of other fish too! http://www.aquacon.com/Clownfish_saltwaterfish.html

eldiablosrt8
PM finger winkles he had baby black darwin clowns that he hatch and raised. He may have more. He is our local clown breeder. FYI He is in the eastbay near orinda/layfayette

Euphyllia said:
Green Marine makes ORA orders every now and then. You could PM him and see if they're available from ORA and he might be able to order them for you with the next ORA order. Mated pairs are harder to find in stores but you can sometimes find them. There are a lot of mated pairs of fish online.
Here's a website that sells mated pairs of Black Percula, mated pairs of Saddlebacks, and they also sell ORA semi snowflakes. They sell lots of other fish too! http://www.aquacon.com/Clownfish_saltwaterfish.html
That online store has really bad reviews. I would not ever consider buying anything from them.

As for LFS, I know Green marine, ocean treasures, and aquatic central do ORA orders. I'm sure some of the south bay stores do them as well.

iani said:
Euphyllia said:
That online store has really bad reviews. I would not ever consider buying anything from them.

As for LFS, I know Green marine, ocean treasures, and aquatic central do ORA orders. I'm sure some of the south bay stores do them as well.

BLOWN AWAY some one on BAR recommended aquaCON as a place to do anything :(

Matthew you really should look deeper into who you suggest. aquaCON has a horrid history of ripping people off.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=h7R&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&q=aquacon+%2B+BBB&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=

BBB give them an F

ok so i have decide to go with a semi pair.... i rather have the cool anemone,LOL

so here is the? of the day....

semi picaso
or
semi snowflake

whats ur guys opinion

I think you should get whatever you want. You'll be the one looking at them multiple times everyday. Just go with your gut feeling. I like Onyx, but I bought Black Ocellaris because I had no clue what Onyx were back then. Shop around for a long time and make sure what you're buying is what you really really want. If I could, I would've traded my Black Ocellaris for an Onyx pair in a heartbeat, but now that I have an emotional attachment to them I wouldn't trade them even for $1,000,000.

Back