High Tide Aquatics

MACNA 2016 : Who is Going?

It seems the Howard Johnson is the cheapest place ( not great reviews) I can find that is close. Around $80 a night.

mission valley inn only about $100 a night. I think I will be there Friday to Sunday - Please let me know if anyone wants to meet up. I hate walking around alone at these things. Not sure if I will buy the full package or just the $100 days pass. I am not a big drinker for the reception and it doesn't say what the Sat dinner includes? What are you guys getting?

Last edited:
Sorry Mike, Since it was a few days have passed I have booked my flight to SD. About $200 round trip so not too bad. Would have cost me $100 in gas anyways. LMK if you need a room - I might have a room with 2 beds

I just checked - the special room rate doesn't allow me to choose the type of room. So either I get a king or 2 queens, but I won't know until I get there and check in. What days will you be there Mike?

I talked it over with my wife and she she was fine with me going and then o told her the date of it and she had already volunteered me to help out one of our friends. So it looks like I will not be there.

I just checked - the special room rate doesn't allow me to choose the type of room. So either I get a king or 2 queens, but I won't know until I get there and check in. What days will you be there Mike?
No worries. Thinking about coming down on sat and heading home sun. Hope to see you guys there

Mike let me know when you are there if you need a room.

Maybe I will see you there Jon, flying in Friday.

Everyone who is attending do you want to meet up for the Friday event?

Also do you guys think the San Diego Aquarium worth stopping into?

Landed in San diego yesterday, there were 30 people on the flight... guess that's why the fare was only $59.

Apparently some typhoon or something in the area so it is a bit more humid than usual, but overall it is nice here. Thinking of representing by wearing my BAR shirt.. we will see. I will post some cool stuff if I see it, but not until after I get back

@Ashalye and I are flying down tonight. Hope to run into some of you over the weekend. We will try to wear our BAR shirts, probably on Friday. Please say hi and introduce yourself if you see us.

Couple of questions, I'm going on to the website and tickets are no longer available to purchase online. Does this sell out, or if I want to just go on Saturday, will I be able to get a ticket? Also, are you able to buy corals any day or is it only on the last day? And are some of the corals reasonably priced like at a frag swap?

Last edited:
Just pre sell tickets are gone, they're like 5 bucks more at the door
You can buy coral any day, not sure about reasonably price. I would think they brimg higher end stuff, but I couldnt say

Back