MACNA Sept 7-9 2018 Las Vegas

Discussion in 'Events & Announcements' started by tankguy, Aug 16, 2017.

1. Edgar Sandoval

Edgar Sandoval Supporting Member

I'll have to use my $59 employee rate to stay at the Venetian

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Coral reefer

Coral reefer President

Is there a chance of getting a good deal on a block of rooms? I don't really care where I stay, but seems fun to stay near other bar people.

Ashalye and tankguy like this.
  3. Bruce Spiegelman

Bruce Spiegelman Supporting Member

I'm not as enamored of the poker room at the Bellagio unless they are having one of their major tournaments.

4. Wlachnit

Wlachnit Supporting Member

Ahh.... so you're a poker guy.......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Flagg37

Flagg37 Officer at large

You never knew because he always had his poker face on.

6. Wlachnit

That explains everything.

7. Ashalye

Ashalye Webmaster

We were able to fly home with live fish in our carry-on from MACNA last year. The 4oz rule was waived when they could see live healthy fish swimming around the plastic bags. To bring home coral you'd either need fish in the bag with it, or to just ship it home.

8. Wlachnit

Wow! Hard to believe. In fact, if I didn't know you...I wouldn't. Just Kidding... :p Anyway, thought I would clarify that the limit is 100ml (3.4oz) and it has to fit in a quart Ziploc bag. I only say this because I have been flying a few times a month for the last 17 years and I have seen everything...and TSA is scrutinous.

9. Ashalye

Ashalye Webmaster

I think we had 4 bags of fish? Definitely more than a quart ziplock bag.. @Apon helped us get a good deal on fish out of one of the Kessil booth display tanks.. he flew home with some fish too.

10. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics Supporting Member

Well it has been a long time since I have been to Vegas, seems the monorail majorly expanded since then and actually goes to the Westgate hotel so lots of options to stay along the way... the downside is that it now costs money to ride but itis cheaper than a taxi and you can get a day pass so you can just come and go at will.

Upside is I doubt the LA Fishguy will be there so I can wear a BAR shirt without getting harrassed

11. Flagg37

Flagg37 Officer at large

Some guy was harassing you last time? That's not cool.

12. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics Supporting Member

Well it was the guy with the YouTube channel LAFishguy and it was because someone left some nasty comments with the name bay area reefer or something similar. He didn't really harrass me as much as grill me as to whether I was "The bay area reefer" versus a member of a club. Ever other time I saw him I gave him a little grief back, but some part of me thinks he still believed I was THAT GUY.

13. Bruce Spiegelman

Bruce Spiegelman Supporting Member

Probably because we all told him you were that guy.

14. Flagg37

Flagg37 Officer at large

That's right, I remember you guys telling us that before now.