Our mission

Mag racks, finally!

After months of fretting and paralysis-by-analysis, I finally just sucked it up and got it done! Photos suck, but I think it's actually gonna work!

IMG_0327.jpg

IMG_0328.jpg

OK explain this one.... is this a reuse of stuff, or did you cut acrylic into that shape?

The shape is specifically for this project. The trusses lend a lot of stability to the rack and enable a lot more load to be taken by fewer magnetic resources (read: dollars)... and if I'm gonna make something, may as well make it needlessly elaborate, ya? :D

Was it machined (CnC) or did you do it with a scroll saw or something? Looks almost like a mold?

Nice. Do you have local access (SD or BA) or is it from one of those online deals?

It almost looks like it was badly photoshopped into the pic (just because it is so blue and not covered in corraline yet) though I know it is really there. Nice work.

Yeah, I hate working with the dark blue stuff (imo it's too dark, kinda ugly) but it was a holiday and Tap was closed ... so it's what I had. I was pleasantly surprised once it wound up in the tank - the lights made the thing light up all tron-style, which make for some difficult photography, but it looks pretty sweet in person.

What substance was influencing your mind while picking the color?
I hope it was as simple as a gallon of beer.
Just asking coz I want some ;-)

Meh most 3D printers I've seen product from needed work done after the fact. saying that, FOX used a 3D printed product in the core of one of their forks. Saves them a lot of money.

Back