got ethical husbandry?

Magma wrasse pair!

Ironically, I lid my nem tank with 2 maroon clowns but not my shroom tank with magmas.

Likely will get on that.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

On a related note, at what point fmdid your past nem tank get slime build up?

I have 15 BTAs so far in my nem tank setup so far (20+20) and haven't noticed any build up yet

On a related note, at what point fmdid your past nem tank get slime build up?

I have 15 BTAs so far in my nem tank setup so far (20+20) and haven't noticed any build up yet

It never got a lot of build up because I suctioned off the slime every other day.

Got it. I haven't done any suctioning as of yet but haven't noticed any slime as of yet, though my filter sock is bubbly. Not sure if it's because I introduced more air into the downflow or because of slime or both

I haven't yet... but I don't look at the tank as often. Only once per day maybe.

I am doing supplemental feedings as well

I haven't yet... but I don't look at the tank as often. Only once per day maybe.

I am doing supplemental feedings as well

If you're feeding then the Nems have to be expelling waste. Have you noticed small dark "pellets" like things? Or the Nems expelling stringy stuff from their oral orifice?

Yeah, everything looks fine. I've seen nems expelled before but just haven't noticed it yet give how little time I've spent on the tank lately

The point about using a lid is t bout the cost of the fish. Would you not put one of your kids in a car seat because the birth went smooth and it cost less than another one that came out in a c section and cost more? It's about what's best for the animals. You bought them, that means you decided to care for them, hopefully to the best of your ability. The cost on a screen top or glass lid is negligible, and easy to order, or build yourself. Please do the right thing here. I honestly find it unacceptable for people to not have a plan to keep fish from jumping, especially fish that are inevitably going to jump.

Point taken.

Naturally, I strive for best care possible for my tanks. All my tanks have lids in fact except for the eurobrace one as it was my understanding that the bracing prevents jumping out due to how a wrasse typically tend to jump along walls... but seems not the case so will have lids on the tank by tomorrow...always have tank building materials available on standby

Holy crap! Despite now having a tight lid, just found one of my magmas escaped into the sump... likely down the drain pipe...

What are the chances?

My drain guard fell and it likely went though there , passed through the 3/4" ball valve and right into my sump. Thankfully, I made the move to sockless, otherwise I would never ever notice until too late!
45c164d139c02444015227f9d7c3cd2f.jpg

Happen to me with eels not wrasses. But I did find my female flame in the overflow in the aqueon mega overflow a few years ago before I got a crystal dynamic tank. I thought it died but it grew in there by itself for a year turned into a submale by the time I found him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

you can be sure I made sure that nozzle guard is now completely secure... would have sucked if the sump escape were attempted while I am away on travel!

Back