Magnetic Reef Shelfs

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by capescuba, Feb 9, 2018.

1. capescuba

capescuba Supporting Member

So @Apon set me on this path after peeking at my tank. Essentially using some magnetic rocks to create a floating shelf and get more real estate in my tank.

Awesome idea and the best I have come across so far is this - https://fragtasticreef.com/magnetic-shelf-rock-ceramic/

Anyone know any alternates?

Any of our sponsors stock anything similar?

2. Coral reefer

Coral reefer President

@jestersix has some magnetic frag mounts. Not sure what all he’s got.

3. capescuba

Looking for something ~ 8" + x 4" or 5" wide .... Before I consider spinning my own

4. @jestersix can make them custom. Best in the business, one of our sponsors and he'll be at the show with his own table tomorrow.

5. jestersix

jestersix Sponsor

Always happy to create something special for BAR members...

Coral reefer likes this.
  6. capescuba

I stopped by at the CFM and we chatted a little about what I was looking for. Still planning things out but will reach out when I am a little more concrete on my plan. Thanks!

7. daddio

daddio Supporting Member

We noticed that when we had a frag rack on the glass, some members of our clean up crew (hermit crabs, shrimps, and emerald crabs) couldn't get up to it to clean and we ended up with a lot of gha.
    Cheers!

8. capescuba

I only have snails right now, and if they don't get their lazy asses up there I'll be having words! ;)

daddio likes this.
  9. jorahx4

jorahx4 Supporting Member

What is "gha"?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. ashburn2k

ashburn2k Webmaster

I got sick of moving my frag rack when I do glass cleaning, and frags falling off from time to time. So I went with frag tank and clean DT free of frag racks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

11. capescuba

Green Hair Algae

12. daddio

daddio Supporting Member

You are still carbon dosing? you have algae?

13. capescuba

Still dosing, ph goes from ~ 8.04 up to 8.15 daily and the Mag is pretty constant too!

I have some diatom stuff going on, but it's pretty minor, just on the sand and waiting for it to figure itself out.