Mangrove starts

Discussion in 'DBTC - Other' started by JAR, Nov 16, 2009.

statistics
No Transactions
None
Please email your web administrator with a link to this thread if you want to add this thread to the DBTC database!!
  1. JAR

JAR Supporting Member

I'll bring what I have left. :)

2. screebo

screebo Guest

Well it's about time...............let's see some of those starts working in your sumps! Mine are just now getting underway after about 60 days of thinking about it......
    [​IMG]

3. aalhait

aalhait Guest

Notes for taking Mangroves in your Sump....

1. Mangroves have strong roots and can grow (although they die before they are too large for me) and they can crack your sump if they get large enough (roots)

2. You MUST remove any fallen leafs. Leafs carry the chemicals removed from the water. If they fall in the water, they will start to rot after sometime and dissolve back in the water Which will bring the chems back in the water. So you need to monitor the leaf falls.

3. They need to have the leafs and top stem above the water line, but the roots in the sand/rocks. Same as Joel has in his sump.

4. screebo

screebo Guest

Good to know about removing leaves. Thx, AJ

5. JAR

JAR Supporting Member

I have another 100 or so if anyone would like some!
    I can bring to the November meeting.

6. slim_jim989

slim_jim989 Guest

I would like to try some there Jar. :) Not sure if im gonna make it over the meeting might have to work. Where abouts do you live. Im in mountain view so incase someone near by me is picking some up I can barter something for delievery :).

Thanks
    Jon

7. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

I need like 10 more of the really small ones if possible :)

8. Tumbleweed

Tumbleweed Guest

count me in for 5. Thanks

9. JAR

JAR Supporting Member

No problem guys.
    Anyone else?

10. melly mel

melly mel Guest

I just picked up 20 from a guy on rc but they look like crap compared to the ones i got from you. I'll take another 10 if available.