[Mar 11, 2017] 2017 supporting members frag swap (Hayward, ca)

Discussion in 'Events & Announcements' started by Coral reefer, Feb 14, 2017.

By Coral reefer on Feb 14, 2017 at 1:08 AM
  1. Coral reefer

Coral reefer President

fragswap.jpeg

Sat march 11, registration 11 am swapping and lunch at 12. Admission: FREE
    Lunch : FREE
    This event is your welcome for being the awesome supporting member you are. Admission and Costco pizza free for those that rsvp, admission only for those that don't.

Chabot college, Room 455

Planning on having bonus/ultra coral rounds again, as well as a moderate raffle. Don't miss it unless you don't want to share cool frags with cool people for free, and get some free pizza as well...will accept new members paying dues at the door, but will be requiring a public pledge of allegiance to the club in addition to $30 annual dues.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2017
Tags: this article has not been tagged
2017 supporting members frag swap
Start Date: Mar 11, 2017 11:00 AM
End Date: Mar 11, 2017 02:00 PM
Time Zone: America/Los_Angeles -08:00 PST

Hayward, ca

Posted By: Coral reefer

Confirmed Attendees: 52
You can not RSVP for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
The following users have RSVP'd "No":

Comments

Discussion in 'Events & Announcements' started by Coral reefer, Feb 14, 2017.

1. iCon
      iCon
      Smart & Final
    2. Gablami
      Gablami
      You can also go to your local deli aisle and grab the containers for olives etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    3. roostertech
      roostertech
      "Honey, why did you buy so many olives?"
      "We love olives, just eat quickly....by this Sat morning"
      Ashalye, iCon and Ranjib Dey like this.
    4. Bruce Spiegelman
      Bruce Spiegelman
      I just grabbed some Ziploc Twist and Loc's. Nice size and a really good sealing airtight top. I also went with them because I forgot to pick up anything this week and these were on Amazon Prime Now. I ordered them at 9 am this morning and they were here by 10:30 AM.

TwistNLocSmall_hero_2X_new.jpg
    5. iCon
      iCon
      Most folks like the ones with clear lids so you can easily view the coral. But any non-leaking container is preferable imo. :)
    6. Coral reefer
      Coral reefer
      Yeah, in the future we need clear lids. Sorry the info was not clearly posted ahead of time. It's ok for this one, just give good labels!
    7. Coral reefer
      Coral reefer
      It either worked or you figured it out. You are on the rsvp list. Make sure the other 3 people rsvp as well or...no pizza for them. They need to have a guest account on here and rsvp their attendance. They can pay dues at the door (requires public pledge of allegiance to the club), but would be easiest for us if they did it ahead of time and maybe had a screen shot on their phoneoif the confirmation of payment.
      LordHelmet likes this.
    8. iCon
      iCon
      Not sure if I'll be able to make the next swap, but ping me if you need help putting the initial post together with all relevant info.

We should also update the list of bonus corals as some of those shouldn't be on there.
    9. Bruce Spiegelman
      Bruce Spiegelman
      I'll have good labels and the containers are large enough that it should actually be easier to see the frag than the ones in little pee cups. My only conern is figuring out how to secure them so they don't tumble.
      iCon likes this.
    10. Apon
      Apon
      Well what we did in the past if the corals were labeled as his - they just gave me his name badge so I have mine and his. He just told me that he might make it now, but I have his corals. When I was on the BOD we allowed this but only 1 or 2 people did it..... I guess I could wear a disguise and walking in as Jar/Jon. : )
    11. Apon
      Apon
      The person would need to the other person name badge and letter. No proxy tracking needed. That is how it was in the past, but not sure what the rule is now.
    12. MolaMola
      MolaMola
      oops. Labels on lids this time around - will put on side next time
    13. iCon
      iCon
      So easy. Just wear some Giants gear and working boots. Full disguise you'd have to show up in a big truck!
    14. tygunn
      tygunn
      Hey if someone could bring me a clump of chaeto I'd be super appreciative. Trying to build up down diversity and also trying to suck up some of the nutrients feeding my new tank bloom!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
      Last edited: Mar 10, 2017
    15. zukizuri01
      zukizuri01

What do you mean by username?

16. Gablami
      Gablami
      Your username is zukizuri01.

Coral reefer likes this.
    17. zukizuri01
      zukizuri01
      Ok. Me and my wife wants to be a member. Does she needs to have an account for this group?

18. roostertech
      roostertech
      I would think so, so we know where to apply the fee to for accounting purpose.
    19. zukizuri01
      zukizuri01
      Ok. Will make one tonight for my wife

20. iCon
      iCon
      Bringing a softball size chunk of bird of paradise birdsnest tomorrow. Free, not going into the swap. Bring your own container as there should be enough for anyone that wants some.
      tygunn likes this.