got ethical husbandry?

[Mar 11, 2017] 2017 supporting members frag swap (Hayward, ca)

Smart & Final

I just grabbed some Ziploc Twist and Loc's. Nice size and a really good sealing airtight top. I also went with them because I forgot to pick up anything this week and these were on Amazon Prime Now. I ordered them at 9 am this morning and they were here by 10:30 AM.

TwistNLocSmall_hero_2X_new.jpg

I just grabbed some Ziploc Twist and Loc's. Nice size and a really good sealing airtight top. I also went with them because I forgot to pick up anything this week and these were on Amazon Prime Now. I ordered them at 9 am this morning and they were here by 10:30 AM.

View attachment 6612

Most folks like the ones with clear lids so you can easily view the coral. But any non-leaking container is preferable imo. :)

View attachment 6612
Yeah, in the future we need clear lids. Sorry the info was not clearly posted ahead of time. It's ok for this one, just give good labels!

I've been trying to confirm that I am going but the button doesn't work for me. I've seen this mentioned in this thread before. What do I have to do to confirm that I will be coming with 3 other individuals who will all be paying their dues at the door?
It either worked or you figured it out. You are on the rsvp list. Make sure the other 3 people rsvp as well or...no pizza for them. They need to have a guest account on here and rsvp their attendance. They can pay dues at the door (requires public pledge of allegiance to the club), but would be easiest for us if they did it ahead of time and maybe had a screen shot on their phoneoif the confirmation of payment.

Yeah, in the future we need clear lids. Sorry the info was not clearly posted ahead of time. It's ok for this one, just give good labels!

Not sure if I'll be able to make the next swap, but ping me if you need help putting the initial post together with all relevant info.

We should also update the list of bonus corals as some of those shouldn't be on there.

I'll have good labels and the containers are large enough that it should actually be easier to see the frag than the ones in little pee cups. My only conern is figuring out how to secure them so they don't tumble.

To my knowledge this hasn't been allowed in the past. I'm not really against it, not sure how to make this a fair discussion since boun was already told no... maybe we can find him some frags if we know what he's looking for...

Well what we did in the past if the corals were labeled as his - they just gave me his name badge so I have mine and his. He just told me that he might make it now, but I have his corals. When I was on the BOD we allowed this but only 1 or 2 people did it..... I guess I could wear a disguise and walking in as Jar/Jon. : )

Seems that it would be chaotic to manage if there was a good number of "proxy pickers" present. How do you know who's allowed to pick more than one coral a round and what if a picker and the "proxy" are in the same group? Might be more manageable at member swap, but I'd imagine the open to all one would be very messy.

That being said, if this is allowed, I'd be happy to have someone bring frags and pick for me!

The person would need to the other person name badge and letter. No proxy tracking needed. That is how it was in the past, but not sure what the rule is now.

Well what we did in the past if the corals were labeled as his - they just gave me his name badge so I have mine and his. He just told me that he might make it now, but I have his corals. When I was on the BOD we allowed this but only 1 or 2 people did it..... I guess I could wear a disguise and walking in as Jar/Jon. : )

So easy. Just wear some Giants gear and working boots. Full disguise you'd have to show up in a big truck!

Hey if someone could bring me a clump of chaeto I'd be super appreciative. Trying to build up down diversity and also trying to suck up some of the nutrients feeding my new tank bloom!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I just wanted to add this for first timers taken from previous event/link.

Requirements
Bring at least 3 different coral frags in their own clear plastic containers with lids.
Must be labeled with your username AND coral name AND lights used. You cannot swap if it doesnt have this information.
Add extra information if you want to be helpful.

What do you mean by username?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bringing a softball size chunk of bird of paradise birdsnest tomorrow. Free, not going into the swap. Bring your own container as there should be enough for anyone that wants some.

Back