[Mar 14, 2015] Members Frag Swap and General Membership Meeting (Hayward, CA) Post Mortem

Discussion in 'General Club Business' started by denzil, Mar 13, 2015.

1. denzil

denzil Webmaster

This thread shall serve as a post mortem for our event. Please share all your feedback on what you liked and what are some areas of improvement. :)

Please keep the feedback/improvement ideas to a kind/constructive level. This thread is to help us improve on frag-swap related material.

Thanks for coming; hope you had a good time!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2015
  2. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics Supporting Member

Damnit Denzil, had me scared that I missed the swap!

Geneva likes this.
  3. denzil

denzil Webmaster

Just getting ahead. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. iCon

iCon Supporting Member

Huge thanks to the BOD and helpers who made the event happen. It's rare I ever make it to events but it's great to see you all making it happen. Keep it up!

Suggestion: Volunteer only raffle for a $50gc to Neptune or something. I think BAR did this way back.

Ahruk, Geneva, denzil and 2 others like this.
  5. Enderturtle

Enderturtle Volunteer

I like that idea iCon.

It would also give people incentive to volunteer.

We should try to improve benefits for volunteers and BOD members.

6. denzil

denzil Webmaster

Appreciate the immediate feedback, Con!

7. sfsuphysics

A suggestion for whatever future auctions you have, perhaps have a hybrid silent/live auction. Let it be silent throughout the meeting but then at the end do a live format for those who want to get in a last bid so they're not "sniped" out of a prize. I say this because I saw at the end when Mike said that bidding was over, someone put in two final bids on the 2 of the fish, which I wasn't bidding on at the moment but I know I would be a bit miffed if I was the high bidder when the auction was called only to have someone bid me up. What's next? Someone taking the pens to sabotage?? :D

So after last call for bids, then see if anyone wants to bid up the value at the end.

Ahruk and iCon like this.
  8. Enderturtle

Enderturtle Volunteer

I like the idea of live auctions :)

Geneva likes this.
  9. HiFidelity

HiFidelity Guest

:( I have missed yet another frag swap, this is either the second or 3rd consecutive swap I've missed. This time there was no way out, my sister was visiting from out of town and a secret proposal by her man took place, I was an acting partner in crime and helped orchestrate the entire thing so yeah, I was stuck...

I hope everyone had lots of fun :)

neuro and Geneva like this.
  10. Geneva

Geneva Supporting Member

We missed you, Fidel - I think this was one of my favorite BAR events - good seeing everyone, great frags, and free pizza to boot!!

denzil likes this.
  11. sfsuphysics

Just think about how secret the proposal would have been if you went to the frag swap! Totally wouldn't have figured it out, maybe have a frag container with a ring in it? :D

denzil likes this.
  12. HiFidelity

HiFidelity Guest

lol well I did manage to get the "in-law's" brother to start a nano tank which is in San Diego but the dummy started taking advice from his LFS which resulted in a lot of dead livestock. The genius at whatever LFS he goes to managed to sell him a yellow tang, coral beauty and clown for the 20 gal he sold him a few months before. I shook my head and told him that's a recipe for disaster and 30 days later sure enough all dead.
    My new In-Law did the thing in SF at crissy field & I had to be there to play accomplice/photographer so there was no chance I could even visit the swap which was the least I was expecting to do as I have done in the past. I can always wait for the next one, when will that be? :p