High Tide Aquatics

Marc's ADA 60P build

Holy Guacamole those are some nice shots. Too bad my simple point and shoot can't get detail like that (yup it's all the hardware, there's no skill involved in taking pictures at all ;))

Sweet pics!!! Hope your goby faired well. They're cute.
Thanks Spoon! the yellow watchman was never seen again after I put him into the tank. REALLY WEIRD! no dead body in the tank and nothing in my filter sock. I didnt even get an ammonia spike. I wonder if my nem ate him? I have a green clown goby in the tank now but he is very elusive. Only see him when its feeding time and hides most of the time. I kind of want to get a yellow clown goby. I wonder if they would get along?

Nice pics. Did the clown host the torch behind it?
Thans Nav! Yep they started hosting the frogspawn!

Holy Guacamole those are some nice shots. Too bad my simple point and shoot can't get detail like that (yup it's all the hardware, there's no skill involved in taking pictures at all ;))
Thanks Mike! if you can get that P&S in manual mode, I bet you can take some nice pics. Auto can give you some crappy pics sometimes. LOL hardware does help ;)
BTW does the miami hurricane chalice look familiar? Boun gave one to me, said he got it from you?

Wow - pictures are gorgeous - very professional! Just reading your journal and very exciting. The diamond watchman goby is one of my favorites and my tank is never without one. One of mine also disappeared without a trace but I think my nassarius snails made a meal out of him. My current goby trenches all around my rocks and sifts any food or algae off the sand all day long (early riser but quits around 5:00pm - banker's hours!) Thanks for sharing....

Wow - pictures are gorgeous - very professional! Just reading your journal and very exciting. The diamond watchman goby is one of my favorites and my tank is never without one. One of mine also disappeared without a trace but I think my nassarius snails made a meal out of him. My current goby trenches all around my rocks and sifts any food or algae off the sand all day long (early riser but quits around 5:00pm - banker's hours!) Thanks for sharing....
Thanks for the kind words!

I might have to look into the diamond goby - i just looked up some youtube vids on them and the seem very active and sift sand very well. Are they aggressive from your experience?

Thanks for the kind words!

I might have to look into the diamond goby - i just looked up some youtube vids on them and the seem very active and sift sand very well. Are they aggressive from your experience?
No, not aggressive at all - actually can be shy at first but gets braver as time goes on and sifting every corner! (embarrassing how many hours can be spent watching him) I've been told to keep only one to a tank as they can starve without enough food but mine has learned to eat pellets that drop into the sand......

No, not aggressive at all - actually can be shy at first but gets braver as time goes on and sifting every corner! (embarrassing how many hours can be spent watching him) I've been told to keep only one to a tank as they can starve without enough food but mine has learned to eat pellets that drop into the sand......
Not embarrassing at all! I sit in front of my tank all the time with my camera hoping to catch just that special shot! Ive been trying to catch my hermit crabs change out of their shell and into a bigger one. No luck so far :confused:

So what is this weird tentacle thing?!?! A stinger defense? I tried to pull at it out of curiosity and its very tough and retracted back into the coral. Should I be concerned? A duncan is close but not touching it.
file_zps87516b26.jpg

Marc it's just a feeding tentacle. Check out the coral after lights out. Should be covered in them. Yes, they can, and do sting other corals, so just make sure they have a bit of space. Nice photo.

Back