Kessil

*** Marineland recall, don't forget to replace it

http://reefbuilders.com/2011/04/25/marineland-stealth-pro-aquarium-heaters-recall/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+reefbuilders%2FCTjt+%28Reef+Builders%29

I went to petco today and exchanged 2 200w marineland heaters for Aqueon ones. I don't like those, just look cheapo (Petco brand ones are even worse).

So what are good heaters for a 60g system? Get good old Ebos? Remote controlled?

cruddy recall IMO, I don't want another marineland brand heater or hell even some other brand, I got the stealths because I didn't want glass in my tank (and have had issues with titanium ones). Really wish marineland would address the wiring issue, and simply start cranking out good stealths, then offer a trade-in policy or something.

Can say for certain, but every titanium one I've has crapped out in some way. One was the temperature controller (the reason they're so fricking expensive) the other the heater itself stopped working... like way quicker than any glass heater has failed on me.

I received that letter last week. I have (2) of the etp200 and (1) of the etp100 old stealth models. They will replace them for them for the marineland glass heaters or give you a refund. I opted to have (1) of the etp200's replaced since it's just for my mixing barrel and a refund for the other 2 stealths.

I switched my heaters for the Rena Smartheaters.

Back