High Tide Aquatics

Marlon's 25 lagoon

Quick update received my tunze 9001 yesterday and I think I have it dialed in skimmed some tea water today and it's very quiet very happy with it so far.Any of you guys have this skimmer?
58d9e395da688b64ee33cabd5c6cd1b8.jpg
0daa903b7feacc638a380d3af9b21f51.jpg
with the top down

9346577ebebbec1d1d23301da8b912e4.jpg

Top on.

I have been running the 9001 on a 22L AquaMaxx bookshelf-type tank. I had to move the magnets to an adjacent side to fit it in a tiny overflow box. It is QUIET. The tank has no cover and it's in a classroom, so quiet plus tiny is why I chose the Tunze. Mine makes tea-like bubbly skimmate just like yours - I have very little bioload. Tank is supposed to be for frags and now all it has is live sand and rock, urchin, couple snails, couple frags and some hair algae where the urchin cannot reach. I am loving the Tunze 9001 so far.
Your tank is looking healthy. That shelf kind of rock you attached on the right is great! I wonder if any corals can grow up that tall vertical branch. Close call with your fish - yikes.
Could you explain your ac30 fuge? Don't know what an ac30 is.

I have been running the 9001 on a 22L AquaMaxx bookshelf-type tank. I had to move the magnets to an adjacent side to fit it in a tiny overflow box. It is QUIET. The tank has no cover and it's in a classroom, so quiet plus tiny is why I chose the Tunze. Mine makes tea-like bubbly skimmate just like yours - I have very little bioload. Tank is supposed to be for frags and now all it has is live sand and rock, urchin, couple snails, couple frags and some hair algae where the urchin cannot reach. I am loving the Tunze 9001 so far.
Your tank is looking healthy. That shelf kind of rock you attached on the right is great! I wonder if any corals can grow up that tall vertical branch. Close call with your fish - yikes.
Could you explain your ac30 fuge? Don't know what an ac30 is.
Yes I might try some type of sps on that shelf not sure yet. The dottyback is doing great back to his active self. The ac30 is an aquaclear 30 hob filter that I modified to be a hob refugium. It will hold some rock rubble and cheato and hopefully be breeding grounds for copepods.

So I've run into a bump in the road. The tunze is producing lots of bubbles and seems to be irritating my fish. Also my flame angel seems to be sick. He would eat like a pig but is getting skinny around the top of his head. I belive it might be an internal parasite. I have started to treat with metronidazole and I hope that works but he doesn't like the taste so I ordered some seachem focus to help with that. Have you guys ever had a flame angel get skinny? Also I noticed some me worm like things on the glass any ideas
40af319af8728dea1d9c6cbce9ae24d2.jpg

My skimmer took like 6 months for the micro bubbles to go away. It was much longer than the 8 weeks the manufacturer said to expect.

My skimmer took like 6 months for the micro bubbles to go away. It was much longer than the 8 weeks the manufacturer said to expect.
Dang bud your scaring me now. I hate these damn bubbles and so do my fish! As soon as the bubbles started the fish started rubbing on rocks.

Hmm, why would microbubbles cause fish to rub on rocks? I just started doing tank transfer method (enderturtle advised me). It's easy, just google it. Bought two 10g tanks from petco, one air pump, tubing and 4 air stones (all for <$50) two old heaters, and you're done. Transfer every three days and let the used tank dry completely for a total of 12 days, can dose prazipro during as well.

http://www.reef2reef.com/threads/tank-transfer-method.192655/

I've been reading here and there different sources say micro bubbles cause the skin to become irritated. So I don't know what to belive what I do know is that they were fine prior to the skimner

No. Keep the skimmer off for 3'days. Which is how long the parazi treatment is for. It is also advisable to do a 2nd treatment 4 days later. IF it is internal parasites. Does it have white stringy poop?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No. Keep the skimmer off for 3'days. Which is how long the parazi treatment is for. It is also advisable to do a 2nd treatment 4 days later. IF it is internal parasites. Does it have white stringy poop?

He did have stringy poop. But lately he hasn't had much appetite still swims around and is active. Also can I put the skimmer in a bucket with tank water and let it keep breaking in? How do you treat with parazipro?

You can put the skimmer in a bucket with vinegar to let it break in some more.

I treat all incoming fish through TTM with a formalin bath right before starting and parzipro treatments in the 2nd n 4th transfer.

Back