Kessil

Matt & Asia's 90 gal bowfront

For the zoa bunch, do you just let them fight it out and each carve their own space?
Yes I have let them fight it out for the most part, unfortunately some of the nice ones have gotten squeezed out. Every once in a while I go in and chip off and tear out the dominate zoas, but they grow back pretty quick.

We noticed that on the mobile site, or on tapatalk, you can't see the old photo I have of our tank in my signature. So here they are for comparison:

Feb 2015:

March 2015:

75d593478e64f81a0a313fbf1327e037.jpg

@Yippee and @Enderturtle, your watermelon and orange yuma mushrooms are doing well! :)

A few more photos now that the light is brighter/whiter...

Does anyone else notice that when you're trying to get photos of the corals, the fish totally picture pop, but when I want a photo of the fish, they never pose!! ;)

5b5ac856ae936acd7bec0f12bf014731.jpg

0716f5f8199beef64bcd2ac4f42c3fcc.jpg

371a2ee51a616f71db6a7f73aa68eb1b.jpg

Wow! Beautiful tank - so many interesting corals! I have a bunch of questions...
In your first photo of the thread (old photo) is there some kind of yellow puffer-like fish?
New tank shots coral ID questions:
Blue plates center and on right, I think a clown is hosting in one - purple monti?
Red with green center polyps near the top by overflow.
Yellow with orange mouths near front, near something that looks like pale blue ricordea.
Last pic in post #26 - pastel rainbow something. Also, where is that in the tank?
Wow. I really enjoy looking at the variety you have.

Wow! Beautiful tank - so many interesting corals! I have a bunch of questions...
In your first photo of the thread (old photo) is there some kind of yellow puffer-like fish?
Blue plates center and on right, I think a clown is hosting in one - purple monti?
Yellow with orange mouths near front, near something that looks like pale blue ricordea.
Last pic in post #26 - pastel rainbow something. Also, where is that in the tank?

Answering the two I know:

The little yellow puffer guy was a camel cowfish. He was super cute. We were advised that they aren't reef safe, so we gave it to our LFS. :p

The clown is lounging in our purple chalice sponge.

image.jpg

Ok so the reddish orange coral with green polyps is a Sunset Monti.

The pastel rainbow coral is an Emeral Mummy Eye Chalice, but I think it should be called Rainbow Sherbert. It is located in the center of the tank near the Yuma mushrooms. There are two different darker Mummy Eye Chalices above it and a Pink Boobies Chalice below it. They are starting to encrust over each other now.

Almost forgot one, the yellow polyps with orange mouths are Orange Dragon Eye zoas, similar to sponge bobs, but the Orange Dragon Eyes have a bigger orange center.

Last edited:
Back