got ethical husbandry?

Mav's Elos Mini

I was gonna remove the 4th rock today but decided to just move it somewhere else...made it stood upright. The 3 island scape is gone but it kept the minimalist look.....I think. Not the final scape, I still have 1 piece of rock left with my AOG and RBTA that are stuck on it. I can always scrape it off and not use the rock..but not sure yet. Here are more pics :)

IMG_8961-1.jpg

IMG_8966-1.jpg

IMG_8967-1.jpg

It's been almost a week that the tank is cycling with biodigest and bioptim. Will do more testing this weekend and maybe some of my LS can move in :bigsmile:

Judging by the picture Chirs posted for an Elos mini system, the skimmer might not be a bad performer at all. Never mind my previous words on it, that was just my impression when I saw your picture that it does seem to produce lot of bubbles, that might be just because the new tank does not have enough DOC or the skimmer itself is in break-in phase.

Some update with the tank, I finally got my AI Super Sol Blue led light today! Thanks Tec (Blue Ocean Aquatics) for holding it for me and the great price :bigsmile: . The fixture looks really well made and very clean. No controller yet but hopefully soon to take advantage of it features. Here are some pics of the unit:

IMG_8974-1.jpg

IMG_8977-1.jpg

IMG_8980-1.jpg

IMG_8981-1.jpg

IMG_8982-1.jpg

This thing is soo bright and glad I decided to get this instead of the Maxspect, also a nice fixture, but this one matches more with the tank 'cause of it size and color :D . I'm gonna most likely suspend it than mounting it. DIY light hangers(pipe and pipe bender) or ceiling hangers?

The tank's been cycling for almost 2 weeks now and all parms are getting there. A couple more test this week then hopefully I can move some of my corals and fishes.

I finally got the light up and transferred some of my corals :) , just need to get my RBTA, maroon and midas. The light is currently around 20-25% intensity with White at 15%, Blue at 20% and Royal Blue at 25%.

Some pics :bigsmile:

IMG_9002-1.jpg

IMG_9001-1.jpg

IMG_9003-1.jpg

after a hard day's work :beer:

IMG_8992-1.jpg

Thanks Richard and kinetic, i thought about hanging it first and got the hardware for it but don't like seeing the black cords dangling down..hehe...but I do have that options down the road :)

Earlier I had the feeling that it will be AI :)

Looking great, color temp looks bit overblue to me but I guess you are just acclimating corals.

BTW the lighting tree looks great, good job and cheers.

Thanks Ryan and zepplock, I'm still acclimating and the highest setting so far is white 20, Blue 30 and Royal Blue 30 at 3pm to 6pm. I was lucky enough to do the light tree good on the first try :)

My 1st BAR swap meet and it was really nice to see most of the members and get to meet some new reefers :) .

List of what I got:

Pink Lemonade- seminolecpa(aka the Pres.)
Oregon Tort and Red prostrata- JAR
Unknown Acro- RARE(karen)
Green Milli- no handle

I can't wait to go to the next swap :bigsmile:

Here is a pic of the frags I got from the swap...

IMG_9091-1.jpg

Might as well throw some pics of the tank..hehe.

IMG_9074-1.jpg

IMG_9094-1.jpg

IMG_9097-1.jpg

Need to set up my dosing pumps soon...just need to find a place to set up the containers :)

Mounted the frags today but the pink lemonade didn't make it :( ....started feeding the tank with some RN Oyster Feast. Got the 2 part going.

Thanks Ryan, did the same cycling with my previous tank and it was ok..but it might been a tad too early for sticks :) ...they're doing alright tho.

Back