Reef nutrition

Maximum 2-Part Dosing

yeah, I noticed the AC pumps, but they are not variable speed!

I think I'll get the heavy duty DC one.

Not sure on what choice of motor...they have a bunch or different ones.

Based on my medical doser, I'd dose about 100 ml/hr or so, which is about 1.7 ml/min. That's to make up for evaporation throughout the day. However, if it's noisy, I might consider using a good timer and making it dose kalk during the day when I'm at work, or during the night when ph drops. (ph drops at night, right?) with a higher delivery rate.

I think I'd prefer the variability so I'll make my own "Drew's Doser". hmm...what to call it, what to call it .. hmmm...

Oh yeah, how did yours turn out, or have you not assembled it yet?

V

I'm still testing various aspects on mine, I... incorrectly thought to hook two up to the same DC power supply thinking "oh they'll pump at the exact same rate (which they should in a nice theoretical world)... however little things here and there makes one run slower ever so slightly.

Plus I'm waiting for some thicker tubing, since I incorrectly got the 1.6mm stuff which is way too slow.

Mike wouldn't this be a perfect use for your RKE using the multi timer? I am using mine for 2 Drew's dosing pumps and it works very well. I have them set to turn on for 10 min intervals 4 times a day.

Bryan: That's the plan

Vince: I got the DC 100 version(non heavy)... basically I chose it because I did the math on the output and even if I ran it all day it'd be like half a gallon it'd squirt out which is way more than I'll need, and the DC one doesn't need different RPM motors, simply lower the voltage it goes slower.

Hey, another advantage to the DC motors is that you can hook a cheap float switch to it!

I had bought float switches and a relay to make an ATO (which never happened).

I'm not sure of the specs of the switch, but I'm sure the DC motor of the pump can be matched to the limits of the switch, then it's an easy ATO.

V

Back