Neptune Aquatics

Maximum Euroreef Mods!

Dyngoe

Supporting Member
Hey All,

Tomorrow I will begin a three step mod to my new EuroReef 6-2. I'm replacing my old CS80 and I figured I'd "pimp my skim" before I added it. Why am I updating you may ask? Well, the CS80 is actually a friends so it needs to go home.
My three steps are:
1. Recirc mod for my Sedra 5000
2. Gate mod
3. Mesh mod for the impeller.
I'm just throwing this out there in case anyone has done any of these in the past and have any warnings. I've done all my research and I have all of the tools, so I believe it should be painless. After I'm done I will of course share pics and review with everyone.

Thales,

Thanks for the heads up. It did sound a little like "snake oil" but it did recieve some good reviews on the net.

BTW, how's that nice Cephalopod doing?

[quote author=Thales link=topic=1986.msg19257#msg19257 date=1177094847]
I didn't find much benefit to the mesh mod and went back to the needle wheel.
[/quote]

:( I just bought some mesh to try it out. That's not good to hear. The impeller cost about $30. If if it doesn't work well, that would cost me quite a bit of $$ :( ..

LMK how it goes Dyngoe

:D

The only reason I tried it was because I had an extra lying around. Phong, try it and see if you get good results!

Hi All,

Hopefully you have seen my posting in the "General" forum about my skimmer quandry. I do have one little mod to add to this list.

Will adding a 45 degree bend inside the main chamber from my skimming pump output improve the skimmers over-all performance? Right now it just shoots directly into the wall on the opposing side. I am thinking of directing it to one side and "possibly" a little down to make more of a "swirl" action.

[size=10pt]ANY[/size] input is welcome.

Back