Reef nutrition

Maxspect LED

I PMed the organizer, will see what the prices are. I have found a G1 version of 160w cheaper than G2 model, not sure if it is worth it though.

:lol: love how they say it has a warranty... good luck with that out of country :lol:

I HIGHLY doubt they company paid as I have yet to run into a single aquarium company that pays for return shipping. Good luck. I prefer to not gamble :D No slots, no poker and no buying $$$ gear from over seas.

Yup. The company doesn't pay for the shipping. The buyers did in those cases.

I'm bringing my unit to BAYMAC if you want to take a look at it.

Acan Lighting just inquired about a booth and I have yet to add another local LED company (I can't spell their name from memory but they're working with Neptunes) on the list. Hope you guys like LED's as we're getting a bunch of them at BAYMAC :D

zepplock- Did you ever purchase the Maxspect LED lighting? I am in the market for a led fixture for my 12 gallon and considering the Maxspect as an option. Just wondering how it's working for you.

I did purchase the 160w fixture. It is great lighting system overall considering PAR and low price.
My corals look great, clam sitting on a bottom of the 20in deep tank is doing great.

I had a small issue with it though, the actinics stopped working after a week. I opened it up and it looked like power supply died. Maxspect sent me a new controller unit and it was here in 2 days.

Overall I'm very happy with it.

If you guy don't mind me intruding, there's finally a US Distributor for MaxSpect products! Details are still in the work and we're waiting for the list from them. We're looking to start stocking early/mid July so stay tuned!

Robert

Thanks for the info zepplock. It really helps.

Robert, I am cycling my tank through the end of the month. I will follow up with you early next month regarding the LED fixture. Thanks for chiming in.

robert4025 said:
If you guy don't mind me intruding, there's finally a US Distributor for MaxSpect products! Details are still in the work and we're waiting for the list from them. We're looking to start stocking early/mid July so stay tuned!

Robert

Will the US distributor take of the warranty issues?

xinumaster said:
robert4025 said:

Robert

I would imagine so. That's why we want to only do business with mfg that have US-based support. I am not sure if they willing to support unit that was brought from China though. I'll try to post more details as I get them. I just got the news yesterday from MaxSpect.

robert4025 said:
xinumaster said:
robert4025 said:

Robert

I would imagine so. That's why we want to only do business with mfg that have US-based support. I am not sure if they willing to support unit that was brought from China though. I'll try to post more details as I get them. I just got the news yesterday from MaxSpect.

I doubt he'll be doing prior Chinese purchased units, but I emailed Brian that question anyways. It's been hard not saying this was in the works, but i was sworn to secrecy :lol:

Robert if you need any help the new US Distro is a good friend of mine ;)

Gresh...right on. You're always one step ahead of me. BTW...I was part of that "secrecy" for a while during the distributor selection process but after a quick re-evaluation of my situation, I just couldn't afford to become their distributor and bring their stuff in by the containers...lol. Not to mention the looming nightmares with orbitec. I hope he won't bring the controllable or dimmable units without working things out with those guys first. I wish him the best of luck dealing with those SOB and I'll definitely be supporting him.

He's well versed in the realm of the aquarium trade. He's forgotten more then I have ever known :lol:

Back