[May 10, 2014] Kessil Facility Tour (Richmond, CA)

Discussion in 'Events & Announcements' started by FeliciaLynn, Apr 3, 2014.

Kessil Facility Tour
Start Date: May 10, 2014 12:30 PM
End Date: May 10, 2014 03:30 PM
Time Zone: America/Los_Angeles -07:00 PDT

1689 Regatta Blvd
Richmond, CA 94804

Posted By: FeliciaLynn

Confirmed Attendees: 11
You can not RSVP for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
The following users have RSVP'd "Maybe":

The following users have RSVP'd "No":
  1. tr1gger

tr1gger Keyboard Cowboy

Nope. The lights are on price point and you will never see them under their retail price unless used. The Kessil facility tour is pretty bland. Lots of looking through windows at dust free labs and lots of hush hush stuff they can't show or talk about. They had 2 tanks upstairs at the end of the tour. One was covered and one had a deep ocean blue on it and some monti caps. It is a huge building though and cool to visit.
    Nav likes this.
  2. Spoon

Spoon Guest

Non-zoom lens photography allowed on the tour? I'd imagine not..took a tour of the Tesla facility and they were very strict about our iPhones.

Figured I'd ask.
  3. FeliciaLynn

FeliciaLynn Supporting Member

I think photography was allowed on the tour, but maybe not in certain areas. They'll definitely brief you on what's allowed before we start the tour.
  4. Spoon

Spoon Guest

5. FeliciaLynn

Hi everyone! We're all set for this Saturday. Please make sure you RSVP using the RSVP feature in this thread so that I have an accurate head count before I order pizzas. See you all on Saturday!
  6. eldiablosrt8

eldiablosrt8 Sponsor

7. eldiablosrt8

eldiablosrt8 Sponsor

Are you ever @Kensington Reefer
  8. Kensington Reefer

Kensington Reefer Supporting Member

As much as I would love to join y'all, Daddy duty must take priority.
  9. Any one know if the tour is stroller friendly (aka enough room to push a stroller)? If not, I'll see if my growing belly can accommodate my son in the Ergo baby carrier.
  10. FeliciaLynn

I shot Jess a message asking him. I'll let you know as soon as I hear back.
  11. FeliciaLynn

Jess said the tour isn't stroller friendly unfortunately. Sorry!
  12. Okay thanks. I'll see if I can do the carrier, or maybe I won't be able to stay the whole time. Still coming though!

Sent from my XT1049 using Tapatalk
  13. Nevermind. I'm not going to be able to make it. My back is sore from the little bit I carried Chase around yesterday. Maybe next year!

Sent from my XT1049 using Tapatalk
  14. FeliciaLynn

See you all tomorrow! I'm going to be bringing us some very tasty pizzas from Gioia Pizzeria :)
  15. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics Supporting Member

Have fun guys! And as a bit of advice, when they have the lights laid out on the work bench, don't stare directly at them when they plug them in :D
  16. tygunn

tygunn Webmaster

As much I want to go it looks like I won't be able to make it. My mother's day project flopped and I've gotta figure something else out quick.

Tip: casting cement planters is not as easy as it seems and if it flops you have a very heavy thing to dispose of.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
  17. Devon

Devon Guest

Thank you! Had a good time today on the tour. See you all at the next meet.
    aqua-nut and FeliciaLynn like this.
  18. Hey i am really very interested for tour so please let me know also for the next time...
  19. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics Supporting Member

about 10 months too late for the tour :)
  20. bondolo

bondolo Supporting Member

Or early for the next one!