May 2010 Financials

Discussion in 'Club Financials & Minutes' started by seminolecpa, May 24, 2010.

1. seminolecpa

seminolecpa Past President

Sorry for the delay in the financials. Typically I will post them up shortly after our general meeting but with BAYMAC happening in an off month, I wanted to ensure to capture everything including it as well.

Membership numbers are still down slightly from this point last year but considering the economy etc a net decrease in 10 member at this point is really irrelavent.

All other numbers on the income statement are immaterial at this point and i am still missing a few receipts for regualr monthly expenditures (like web hosting costs).

Supply sales tend to be a push for a majority of the year, will be doing an inventory adjustment next set of financials to tru-up but do not anticipate any material differences.

Big changes from prior period:

BAYMAC was in June in the prior year so you will not note the comparables to prior year in this set of financials.

Raffle income -
    2010- $750.00
    2009- $200.00
    2008- $346.75

Coral Sales-
    2010 $1,564
    2009 $ 335
    2008 $ 975

Lots of different theories from the year to year changes here. Event was very well organized this year with lots of people. Our booth was very well organized and run. etc etc.. Thanks again to all those that donated their corals, equipment, time, and brain power to help make this event happen. I keeps getting better and better every year.

Attached files May23 10 financials.pdf (63.8 KB)

2. Tumbleweed

Tumbleweed Guest

Thanks Bryan, looks like we did well at BAYMAC this year.
    and yes some one actually read the finacials post. :D

3. iCon

iCon Supporting Member

Nice results from Baymac =] Is there/do you produce a statement of cash flows and/or expense statements? Interested in where money goes etc. A few people asked me which was puzzling since I'm newer than all those who asked. ;)

4. Tumbleweed

Tumbleweed Guest

The attached pdf statement shows all income and expenses for the club.

5. iCon

iCon Supporting Member

Got it....Didn't see the P&L after the BS... :)

Thanks Brian and Bryan

6. seminolecpa

Also remember that they are only inclusive of receipts that i have received. We still need to book the costs for web hosting etc.

7. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics Supporting Member

1564 in coral sales? Ok who was the cheap skate who only had four dollars for a coral!?

8. seminolecpa

Dunno how that worked out either. Especially considering everything we had was in $5 increments as far as I knew.

9. Gomer

Gomer Honorary Member

Clearly Eric is part of a coral laundering scheme and pocketed that $1!!!!!

10. seminolecpa

Or my dog at it when I was counting. It was seriously about a 5" stack of small bills.

11. Ibn

Ibn Supporting Member

Yes, my earning that day was $1, or the equivalent of 8.3 cents per hour. :p

Dunno how that amount came about since we only did increments of $5.

12. Tumbleweed

Tumbleweed Guest

Towards the end I saw people taking anything for any of the corals left so some might have sold a coral for $4 because the person offered it.

13. Ibn

Ibn Supporting Member

True, but that was still in increments of $5s.

14. yardartist

yardartist Guest

Great numbers from BAYMAC this year.

15. 99sf

99sf Guest

Great BAYMAC results!

16. cwolfus

cwolfus Past President

Good work Bryan and everyone who made BAYMAC such a resounding success!

17. nudibranch

nudibranch Guest

BAYMAC was awesome this year. I joined BAR because of the BAR booth and the nice people at it.