May 2012 Bulk Reef Supply Group Buy ** OFFICIAL INVITATION THREAD **

Discussion in 'Group Buys' started by bondolo, Apr 26, 2012.

1. bondolo

bondolo Supporting Member

SEE BELOW FOR GETTING IN ON THE GROUP BUY

(shameless copy of Gomer's 2010 BRS Group Buy organizing posting)

I love supporting our sponsors when possible, but there are some times when you want an item a sponsor doesn't have and need to look elsewhere*

Bulk Reef Supply happens to be one of those sources. They have a group buy policy in place for clubs that I'd like to take advantage of. We need 10 people either with existing accounts or new accounts to join into the program.

How it works:
    1. Gather a minimum of 10 participants
    2. Everyone creates an account on BulkReefSupply.com if they don't have one already
    3. I pick a Tuesday for the group buy will start. (Group buys run Tuesdays through the following Monday)
    4. I'll send BRS an email with the following information
    1. Your First and last name (actual name, not forum name).
    2. Your email address associated with each participants BulkReefSupply.com's email address.
    3. The name of the group buy and it's start date. For example, "BAR May 1st-7th 2012".

Here is what will happen after I send the list:
    1. BRS will update each participants account sometime on the Tuesday morning we chose and email everyone that the buy has started.
    2. Start buying only after this email is received.
    3. During the week that the buy is open members will individually login and place their own order which will ship immediately.
    4. The next Monday each participant's account will be changed to Preferred Customer. BRS Preferred Customer pricing is between regular retail and group buy prices. This permanent upgrade is their way of saying thanks for getting your reef supplies with them!

PRICING!
    The group buy price will be the lowest quantity price listed on their site.
    For example: Drew's Dosing Pumps.
    Normally 89.99 each
    Buy 3 for $84.99 each and save 6%
    Buy 5 for $79.99 each and save 12%

2. Not_Now_John

Not_Now_John Guest

Email made me double take, but sent.

3. bondolo

We are still short 5 people for this group buy. They absolutely won't go below 10 signed up people. Anyone who planned to sign up forget to send me mail?

4. Piper

Piper Guppy

Sorry Mike - I just sent you the info. Am I too late?

5. bondolo

Not to late Charlie. I can also add others up until Thursday I believe. Everyone should receive notice on Tuesday morning of the group buy start.