May 2012 Bulk Reef Supply Group Buy

Discussion in 'Group Buys' started by bondolo, Apr 17, 2012.

1. bondolo

bondolo Supporting Member

I last attempted a BRS group buy back in October which failed as only three people signed up. I am thinking of trying again the first week in May (2nd through 7th). I'm also willing to combine orders to save on shipping as my order will be over the $175 free shipping minimum. Combining probably makes sense only for north-east bay people or anyone going on the Steinhart tour.

Consider this message your advance notice. :) I will send out the "official" Group Buy signup notice in about 10 days.

2. gimmito

gimmito Supporting Member

I need to build another net guard for the frag tank...so I'm in !

3. Piper

Piper Guppy

Mike - I'm in for either option. I just put in a big order two weeks ago but I can pick a few more small things.

Thanks,
    Charlie

4. I'm in if it helps to reach the group buy participants minimum. :)

5. gimmito

Where's Brandie ? She's putting together a 90 !

6. CookieJar

CookieJar Guest

Count me in too, I've got a few things I should pick up from them. If you get enough people would you start at that point or would you still stick with May?

7. Not_Now_John

Not_Now_John Guest

8. bondolo

I'm glad to hear there is more interest this time around. BRS wants at least 10 people (and preferably more) for a group buy. I will stick with the May 1st-7th dates so that we get as many signups as possible.

9. Coral reefer

Coral reefer President

I'll probably get something

10. houser

houser Past President

I'll buy some netting.

11. dswong01

dswong01 Supporting Member

Where will be the pick up location for items shipped?

12. With BRS group buys, each participant places his/her own individual order that is shipped to the address of his/her own choice. There was some chatter about combining shipping for those who only want a small item or two, to reach the $175 free shipping mark.

HTH!

13. bondolo

I will be placing a large order (right at the same time as he organizes a group buy. Coincidence? You decide!) I can add items to my order for people. Pickup will be at May meeting or my house in north Berkeley.

14. gimmito

Barbaque at Mike's pad. :D

15. bondolo

That will be tough with no kitchen....

16. gimmito

Are you going through kitchen remodel ? Man, I was barbaquing every day when we did ours. ;)

17. bondolo

Yep, right now it's open walls and plywood floor. They start sheetrocking tomorrow. At this point we are just over 5 weeks into the 3 month job. We have a hot plate, microwave and toaster oven set up in the laundry room but are doing a lot of barbequing and restaurants (which I am sick of).

[​IMG]

My BRS order is for a second RO filter and storage tank for downstairs under the kitchen sink. RO is better for drinking but RODI makes great coffee!

18. CookieJar

CookieJar Guest

I like how your golden is inspecting the floorwork! or is he just looking for dropped food?

19. The other canine in the back is loafing on the job. I'm assuming that he's unionized. :bigsmile: j/k!

20. Not_Now_John

Not_Now_John Guest

Kitchens are overrated, just an excuse for more BBQ!