May Get Together Hosted by Roostertech 12-3pm

Discussion in 'Events & Announcements' started by tankguy, Apr 25, 2017.

By tankguy on Apr 25, 2017 at 7:00 PM
  1. tankguy

tankguy BOD

Our May get together is on a different weekend this time around. It will be at Roostertech's house on May 20th and well be making frag disk. Pot luck lunch is at 12 and disk making starts at 1pm. Materials will be supplied by the club. Personally Ive never done this before so if your attending and know what to do you would be a huge help. Rooster will post his address. We've had get togethers there before. A huge thank you to Roostertech for hosting
    Coral reefer likes this.
Tags: this article has not been tagged

Discussion in 'Events & Announcements' started by tankguy, Apr 25, 2017.

1. Wlachnit
      I will take him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2. Peter B
      Peter B
      I would love it if wlachnit doesn't take it. My clownfish need one anyway.
    3. Wlachnit
      That is risky ;-)
    4. RandyC
      Wow...that was quick. @Wlachnit, you have first option since you responded first.
    5. WCKDVPR
      Will do, thanks. I may float some olive oil on it to ensure no air.
    6. Bruce Spiegelman
      Bruce Spiegelman
      What's your recipe for potato salad? :)
    7. daddio
      I put a lot of stuff in potatoes, boiled eggs, celery, sweet relish, mustard, green onions, garlic, paprika, mayo. and a secret ingredient or two - I have been told that it is the "best"

On a side note- we could really use some rock (live or dead) if anyone has some that they would like to part with, we will take it. Would be willing to pay
    8. roostertech
      My number in case you can't find the place 4083140533

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    9. roostertech
      Of anyone got extra light bring it so we can see color in the 10g frag tank

10. Bruce Spiegelman
      Bruce Spiegelman
      Thanks Phuang! Good time and a nice gathering. (except somehow I forgot to bring home a hammer that was brought for me. I hope someone grabbed it :))
    11. Vhuang168
      How was the guacamole and potato salad!?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    12. sfsuphysics
      Yeah I'm curious too... although I have a mild avocado allergy, and I'm not fond of mayo in my potato salad (I make a mayo-less version)

oh and did you make some frag plugs? lets see them! I had to show off (due to someone else taking the pictures) my horrible rock building, so I want to see some horrible frag plug building! :D
    13. Bruce Spiegelman
      Bruce Spiegelman
      Both incredible!
    14. Peter B
      Peter B
      I ended up being the only person that made any. They turned out pretty bad but still usable

Coral reefer likes this.
    15. Peter B
      Peter B
      Thanks again to all those very generous people who gave me coral frags. They are much appreciated.

16. roostertech
      Yeah all you slackers(except for Peter) didn't make squat lol

Peter B likes this.
    17. Gablami
      Haha way to go Peter. More interest in the great food than frag plugs. Thanks for hosting Phuong!

Wlachnit, Coral reefer and Peter B like this.
    18. sfsuphysics
      Yeah kind of felt that way with the rock building too.
    19. WCKDVPR
      Thanks Phuang! It was great to meet everyone and get some valuable input.

Phuang, can you please let me know about how many pounds of rock you have in your tank - for reference so I can start figuring out how much I'll need in the 150, thanks.

Best regards,
    20. OnTheReef
      Thanks for hosting @roostertech! The new home and tank are beautiful. Gave away my softies and zoas to a good home, enjoyed the delicious food and caught up with a few folks, time well spent! :)
      Wlachnit and Gablami like this.