Kessil

May I watch?

Oh man! you know how to egg a guy on............... WOW, I love it, I want one with the stainless steel diamond blade. Bet your laughing thinking "there he goes". Thanks very much for sharing the link. What a great little mini-saw. I've only operated band saws that were a minimum of 12 feet tall!

I can hardly wait to see Bryan's saw in action........I can see it now, "SAW 5" playing in a garage near you!

Too bad they don't make something like this that runs through RO water to keep cool. Like a lapidary band saw!

Hey! How much material is lost at the cut? 1/32"? 1/16"?

screebo said:
Oh man! you know how to egg a guy on............... WOW, I love it, I want one with the stainless steel diamond blade. Bet your laughing thinking "there he goes". Thanks very much for sharing the link. What a great little mini-saw. I've only operated band saws that were a minimum of 12 feet tall!

I can hardly wait to see Bryan's saw in action........I can see it now, "SAW 5" playing in a garage near you!

Too bad they don't make something like this that runs through RO water to keep cool. Like a lapidary band saw!

Hey! How much material is lost at the cut? 1/32"? 1/16"?

That band saw link can use RO if you fill the container with RO. IT is water cooled and used often in lapidary. As far as that goes, Inland is bottom rung in lapidary tools. Most my lapidarist (?) friends don't like Inland, they say they are cheap and underpowered. The next solution up is a few more hundred dollars though so that Inland is a decent option for Reefers. I loved using it when Brian loaned it to me.

yardartist said:
The last frag session at a BOD meeting had me cutting up a blasto. A little more talking about why the cutter is choosing the line of saw would be great. I did cross cut a dendrophyllia and the mother colony did not like it. The frag is Ok. It would have been better to separate each head down through the base. Didn't live and learn, ouch.

On the blasto I used a dremel and it cut well. One tiny piece without a full polyp grew out. That was after witnessing Jeremy cut up some for Sherri.

Seek out Jake Adams article named "cutting on the dotted line" in Reef Hobbyist Magazine. You can view it on their site at www.ReefHobbyistMagazine.com

You have to get this bandsaw if just for the cute factor alone :D

Really nice saw for fragging.

New Alameda and Aquatic Collection got theirs after they tried Ian's.

And AC told me they don't like it (for more then a few cuts - heats up quickly) and all ready burned one out, or is almost burned out? Maybe Karson can chime in.

eeks watch out using that term... "chop shop" in our hobby means bringing in wild corals, chopping them up and sending them straight out.

Yes, heat is the enemy.
You all have really got me thinking. I appreciate the chance to guide my enthusiasm with what others have found effective. I don't plan to start a new business and I expect I'll only have one, 90 gal tank for a while. I know I don't need to get set-up for production style propagation. Yet, part of me sees me setting up rack after rack of freshly separated and assorted LPS, having different stages of regrowth appearent and sending them back out into the world........
(It's the "I have a dream" speech) In reality, I'll be very happy and appreciate bringing my few LPS coloneys that I wish to frag to Bryan's coral surgery center! :cool:

If he comes to speak at BAR can you make him wear that robot suit? :D

Tony we need frag cutting laser beams for Justin's robot suit.

I'll be having dinner with he and his wife this coming week I'm pretty sure. I'll tell him we're working on a MOD for his suit :lol:

Back