Our mission

Meeting info

General meetings usually has a 4 sections. Initially it starts out with a fair bit of socializing and DBTC business. Then there is a period of business where are announcements etc (things generated form BOD meetings) and other club hoopla. Then comes the presentation portion (the last one was on Cephs and breeding of them in the hobby) and finally there is a raffle section.

[quote author=Euphyllia link=topic=2575.msg52559#msg52559 date=1218831433]
hey, just a quick question but what are the general meetings normally about?
[/quote]
Depends upon the topic, I think Tony pretty much summed it up, although the presentation part is usually the longest part of the meeting (i.e. what the meeting is really about).

traditionally coral is the main item. It is common to also see chemicals in the mix too along with other reef related items. Never seen a fish in the raffle.

[quote author=sfsuphysics link=topic=4334.msg52561#msg52561 date=1218833129]
[/quote]
Depends upon the topic, I think Tony pretty much summed it up, although the presentation part is usually the longest part of the meeting (i.e. what the meeting is really about).
[/quote]That depends, sometimes when people don't listen to the speaker all of the info is rehashed during the question period, which can be longer than the presentation. Poor Sanjay if he ever comes, I'll feel sorry for him answering questions he already answered during the presentation.

{Quote} Poor Sanjay if he ever comes, I'll feel sorry for him answering questions he already answered during the presentation.

Hey Jeremy what are you trying to say, were Dense? ;D

[quote author=tuberider link=topic=4334.msg52606#msg52606 date=1218849648]
[quote author=sfsuphysics link=topic=4334.msg52561#msg52561 date=1218833129]
[/quote]
[/quote]That depends, sometimes when people don't listen to the speaker all of the info is rehashed during the question period, which can be longer than the presentation. Poor Sanjay if he ever comes, I'll feel sorry for him answering questions he already answered during the presentation.
[/quote]

AS would any professor he'll direct to to where you can find the info but won't sit and rehash everything he said all ready. As a friend he won't tell me what bulbs he uses but rather sends me to where he posted it :)

[quote author=Gomer link=topic=4334.msg52567#msg52567 date=1218836804]
traditionally coral is the main item. It is common to also see chemicals in the mix too along with other reef related items. Never seen a fish in the raffle.
[/quote]
Cuz you weren't in the club when I worked at Cortez Marine. I've put dozens of fish in the raffle.

BTW fish in the raffle is a bad idea. I found 1/2 the people either couldn't care for the animal or couldn't take it. Many died in the bag due to poor handling conditions :( Some even on the raffle table. They just don't make good raffle items so help me discourage anyone from doing so :D

[quote author=Mr. Ugly link=topic=4334.msg52601#msg52601 date=1218847945]

And I think way way back, there was a stonefish(!!!) or something like that.
[/quote]

Wasn't that in our swap, not raffle?

[quote author=sfsuphysics link=topic=4334.msg52682#msg52682 date=1218923258]
I thought that was a raffle prize at the swap
[/quote]

But it first was on the swap table, right? That's my memory, right or wrong :)

That is part of my memory..... we can't share the same memory Mike :D

The meeting this Saturday, 12/13/08 featuring Mitch Carl will be held at The Aquarium Showroom. Here is the google maps link.

Those participating in the potluck are encouraged to show up at 12:00. The meeting will begin, as usual, at 1pm.

We will have a raffle sponsored by Atlantis Aquarium, Aquatic Central, Aquatic Collection, and Dolphin Pet Village.

Back