Meetings

Discussion in 'General Club Business' started by RavieReefer, Jan 3, 2009.

1. RavieReefer

RavieReefer Supporting Member

BOD Meetings are open to members too? What is typical at a BOD Meeting vs General Meeting?

2. patchin

patchin Facilities / Event Coordinator

Yes, BOD meetings are open to all members. For new members, who haven't been to a meeting yet, attendance at this meeting is a requirement for the Feb swap.

General meetings have a little social time, usually a speaker or program, and a raffle. BOD meetings are more of a business meeting with an agenda of around 10 topics that are discussed. Members input is very welcomed. This coming BOD will also include fragging for the upcoming swap. So if you need to attend a meeting, are interested in club issues and policies, have something to frag, or just want to hang out, come to the BOD meeting at Chabot College on Jan 11. 2009.

3. seminolecpa

seminolecpa Past President

BOD meetings are typically club business discussions. It is essentially where sausage is made as I like to say, most of the behind the scenes work of putting together meeting, swaps, and other things that go on with the club. We will typically have a predetermined agenda but they are open to club members and we always appreciate input and new ideas.

General meetings are moreso geared to the general membership including speakers, swaps and DIY workshops.

4. patchin

That's what I said

5. Gomer

Gomer Honorary Member

That's what I was thinking!

6. seminolecpa

See what happens when you have the "Don't warn on new replies made while posting. " button clicked.

At least I gave a consistent answer. :)

7. Gomer

Gomer Honorary Member

Bryan probably doesn't have the "Don't warn on new replies made while posting. " button clicked.

he'll probably use that as an excuse for a "consistant answer"

8. seminolecpa

nice Tony.

9. RavieReefer

LOL, consistency is good!

I'm interested in going to the frag swap, but I have no frags, so no swaping. I would not mind going to the BOD Meeting, but I am working that day, unless I can get someone to pick it up. Is there a general meeting in February or is it just the swap?

How often are there swaps? Just wondering when my next oportunity would be to participate.

10. seminolecpa

The swap in Feb counts as one of our general meetings. Even if you can't and/or aren't eligible to participate, I would highly reccomend coming. The Feb swap is our member swap and is typically a little less chaotic then the August general swap. Most people don't leave empty handed and it is a good chance to meet other people in the club.

11. RavieReefer

Ok, thanks. Looks like it will just be the swap then. Just checking things out will be good.

12. Roc

Roc Guest

How long are the BOD meetings noramly? I want to come as I haven't met some of you guys in person but I have a bunch to do that day.

Also who is the SOB who decided that Valintines day was the next swap, I reallllllllly wanted to go but I would lose my wife if I want to do as she puts it "fish shit" on valintines day.

13. patchin

The meeting will probably be between 2 & 3 hours, considering an hour of it will be fragging corals. You can come and stay as long as you want.

As far as the swap goes, a couple of approaches are 1) honey, if I can have 3 or 4 hrs, then you get the other 20 hours of my attention, or 2) take her out on Sunday and take her wherever she wants and it'll be much less crowded. The swap will start earlier than normal to get people home for dinner and their spouses.

14. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics Supporting Member

[quote author=Roc link=topic=5804.msg72687#msg72687 date=1231086971]
    Also who is the SOB who decided that Valintines day was the next swap, I reallllllllly wanted to go but I would lose my wife if I want to do as she puts it "fish shit" on valintines day.
    [/quote]
    The person(s) who decided when the club was brought about that meetings would be the 2nd Saturday of the month, it wasn't a conscious effort to make sure that one particular Saturday that can only occur if the month starts on a Sunday happens to be Valentines day just so people can't come to the swap.

15. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

[quote author=patchin link=topic=5804.msg72639#msg72639 date=1231047224]
    That's what I said
    [/quote][quote author=Gomer link=topic=5804.msg72641#msg72641 date=1231047337]
    That's what I was thinking!
    [/quote]

What, "where sausage is made"?

16. Gomer

Gomer Honorary Member

That was covered on both Dirty Jobs and How's It Made last week.

17. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

And it was on tonight as well......well bologna :)

18. Lyn

Lyn Guest

I think I missed the time change for the swap. What time will it start?

Also, will the fragging be done at the beginning or end of the BOD meeting?

19. RavieReefer

At the beginning, starting an hour before the meeting.

20. patchin

12 Pm fragging and 1PM meeting. If there's any confusion on directions, please PM me.