membership code of conduct

Discussion in 'General Club Business' started by Guest, Jun 7, 2008.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

In light of a two brothers and their friends posts yesterday on RC I would like to know what if any BAR has in the way of membership code of conduct? Is it kosher for one member to threaten another(it's not legal to do)? What about a non member doing it then wanting to become a member? Many clubs have such codes in place, I just don't recall or ever have heard of BAR having one. I'm not looking to bar any of the three but I am looking to get something in place if we don't have such a thing. IF we don't have anything in place we don't have the right to do anything against any bad apples.

2. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics Supporting Member

While it's almost painful to read due to the lack of formating, the home page has BAR policy

Now the kicker is the last part, and I think the use of this forum definitely would be considered a "BAR sponsored activity" whether or not that applies to RC is another matter, but it might not matter at all, since it says "policy applies at all times" doesn't say it DOESN'T apply outside of BAR activities. But yeah definitely something to think about.

Btw don't hold out, dish up the link to the dirt! Or did the thread get removed?

3. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

It got removed 2 minutes after I said something. The merely locked the thread but since a law was broken and it was pointed out to them, they took instant action :)

Basically a certain chiropractor (not bar member but friends with a few), his brother and their friend didn't like what I posted and took it as a pot shot at the chiropractor. They totally miss understood my post which doesn't surprise me due to their prior history. Well the brother said he wanted to kick my ass and that I could take his word he would deliver. He then went on to bring Max of Mermaid into this which IMO was stupid as it made Max look a bit bad. Open threats online are the same as in person. I could file a police report, and still can and he then would then have to answer to the PD regarding his actions. I spoke with the local police chief (friend) and he said I definitely had a case. I showed him the post and he wanted to take action right then and there. No complaint has been filed though.

4. LordHelmet

LordHelmet Supporting Member

agreed, i need something to read to keep my boring life interesting

5. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

Sorry to disappoint Chris....I won't even state the fellows names, but I can guarantee more then a few BAR members are friends with them.

6. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

It does bring back up why BAR's name is on a forum that 90% of posts are non BAR members, nor will they ever be.

I spoke with Greg re: how the Socal forums came to be and IMO BAR should do that, make it a regional forum and drop our name from it. Currently every post is viewed as an extension of BAR due to the wording of the forum.

7. tuberider

tuberider Guest

I think it goes back to the BACFM thread, the guy obviously was looking for an excuse, too bad. Like you say it's a blck eye for BAR, and a little shiner for Max since his name came up.

8. tuberider

tuberider Guest

[quote author=GreshamH link=topic=3843.msg44899#msg44899 date=1212863806]
    It does bring back up why BAR's name is on a forum that 90% of posts are non BAR members, nor will they ever be.

I spoke with Greg re: how the Socal forums came to be and IMO BAR should do that, make it a regional forum and drop our name from it. Currently every post is viewed as an extension of BAR due to the wording of the forum.
    [/quote]Agreed

9. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

[quote author=tuberider link=topic=3843.msg44900#msg44900 date=1212863815]
    I think it goes back to the BACFM thread, the guy obviously was looking for an excuse, too bad. Like you say it's a blck eye for BAR, and a little shiner for Max since his name came up.
    [/quote]

I even ended my fist post telling him if he has a problem with my posts to simply put me on his ignore list. I've done that with 7 people, well, 10 now actually :D

10. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

Just for what it's worth, there are more Chiropractors around besides the LFS owner whom I am not talking about at all. I respect Bao and his store :)

11. Elite

Elite Guest

I guess I hit report to the mod button too fast?? ;D

12. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics Supporting Member

There's an ignore feature on RC?

13. Elite

Elite Guest

Yup there is.. I don't use it because if someone doesn't like me and talks crap about me, I want to know ;D :D ..

14. Yup there is.. I don't use it because if someone doesn't like me and talks crap about me, I want to knowhahaha lmfao

lapsan

15. seminolecpa

seminolecpa Past President

I think we talked about this exact thing at the last BOD meeting (that is removing our name from the forum and having RC use the "Greater San Francisco Bay Area Reef Forum") and voted to do it.

Think Charles was going to draft something up to send to RC but he has been a little preoccupied with his new arrival I am sure.

16. Elite

Elite Guest

Maybe we should have it rename instead of remove it .. There are a lot more "useful" posts on RC BAR than the Greater SFBARR.

17. tuberider

tuberider Guest

[quote author=Elite link=topic=3843.msg44924#msg44924 date=1212886172]
    Maybe we should have it rename instead of remove it .. There are a lot more "useful" posts on RC BAR than the Greater SFBARR.
    [/quote]That is the idea we came up with at the BOD meeting, to move the "Greater Bay Area Forum" title to the BAR on RC forum, the only thing that would change is the name. So in essence that is what (hopefully) will happen, similar to the So Cal forums.

18. Elite

Elite Guest

OH ok.. I misunderstood what Bryan said. :)

19. bookfish

bookfish Guest

But then we might lose the post count competition to MARS!!!!

20. bookfish

bookfish Guest

J/K of course, anyone who plays THAT game is a loser already!!