membership code of conduct

Discussion in 'General Club Business' started by Guest, Jun 7, 2008.

1. Tumbleweed

Tumbleweed Guest

I don't know, but for me personally I would rather spend a couple dollars extra to get what I want sooner, and at a place that I can talk to somebody face to face, see in person what I want to buy. I just feel better doning it that way. Yeah sure you can get some great deals online, but if we don't support our LFS they will close and then we will not have them anymore and that would be a real shame.

2. the rc sub forum is good from time to time in finding certain deals locally...but most of the time its just locals ranting..

There has been a few times where ive been on there and seen people quick to stick their hand out for any freebee item..its natural ofcourse, but when i put up a post about free live rock rubble, and a RCer gets pissed because i wont meet him half way to sac to GIVE him some rubble, thats where i draw the line..

as mentioned earlier, some might see us as snooty, but the way i see it, i would rather give my old equipment or propped live stock away to someone who will use it to benefit, not only themselves, but other fellow members as well...i mean, the trust, cooperation, and camaraderie developed on this forum is really what keeps us true to our mission statement...sadly, i dont see that happening on the "other" forum..

Dont get me wrong, there are a select few RCers i know who are cool that are not BAR members..but when it comes to advise or help, id be quicker to post here first..

as i recall, not too long ago it could have seemed that "the line to refuse coral starts here".. haha

3. Mr. Ugly

Mr. Ugly Past President

4. Elite

Elite Guest

[quote author=FinalPhaze987 link=topic=3843.msg46218#msg46218 date=1213777214]
    ...There has been a few times where ive been on there and seen people quick to stick their hand out for any freebee item..its natural ofcourse, but when i put up a post about free live rock rubble, and a RCer gets pissed because i wont meet him half way to sac to GIVE him some rubble, thats where i draw the line..

...[/quote]

You're joking right?? You giving out free stuff and someone wants you to drive halfway to give it to them?? Who is this jerk?? ;D

5. Roc

Roc Guest

[quote author=Elite link=topic=3843.msg46222#msg46222 date=1213798225]
    ...There has been a few times where ive been on there and seen people quick to stick their hand out for any freebee item..its natural ofcourse, but when i put up a post about free live rock rubble, and a RCer gets pissed because i wont meet him half way to sac to GIVE him some rubble, thats where i draw the line..

...[/quote]

You're joking right?? You giving out free stuff and someone wants you to drive halfway to give it to them?? Who is this jerk?? ;D
    [/quote]

You would be suprised, I sold off a bunch of my equipment a couple of months ago and this guy wanted me to drive to FRESNO to give it to him, and get this he wanted to pay 50.00 for what I had listed as 400.00 worth of stuff.

I just sent him a message saying when you come off whatever you smoked when you wrote me, let me know

6. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

:D once the crack pipe cools down in other words :D

I gave up trying to sell via the forums, it's just not worth the PM's and emails :D If I need to get rid of something I know most likely a BAR member could use it :)

7. [quote author=Elite link=topic=3843.msg46222#msg46222 date=1213798225]

...[/quote]

[/quote]

sadly, its no joke...i dont want to mention any names, but this individual sadi he needed 2lbs for fragging...i set it aside for him and he PMs me 2 days later asking if i could meet him half way if he gave me gas money ($15..coming from the east bay? HAH!)...i told him that with my busy schedule, i dont think i would be able to...and even if a miracle struck, $15 wouldnt get me very far..all i got back was a nasty response calling me all sorts of names...saying i was greedy and full of it...then i see some nasty stuff posted about me on another RC sub forum..

after that i just gave up on handouts on RC...im not discriminating saying were better or anything, i just dont want to go through that drama again..

I know with BAR, if anything i can bring it to a meeting..most of the stuff we have extra of i give away...unless i went halves on it with my roommate, then i just charge whatever cheap price he wants for it...

8. iani

iani Guest

[quote author=FinalPhaze987 link=topic=3843.msg46301#msg46301 date=1213818992]
    [quote author=Elite link=topic=3843.msg46222#msg46222 date=1213798225]

...[/quote]

Man that is brutal. The nerve of some people, lol.

[/quote]

sadly, its no joke...i dont want to mention any names, but this individual sadi he needed 2lbs for fragging...i set it aside for him and he PMs me 2 days later asking if i could meet him half way if he gave me gas money ($15..coming from the east bay? HAH!)...i told him that with my busy schedule, i dont think i would be able to...and even if a miracle struck, $15 wouldnt get me very far..all i got back was a nasty response calling me all sorts of names...saying i was greedy and full of it...then i see some nasty stuff posted about me on another RC sub forum..

after that i just gave up on handouts on RC...im not discriminating saying were better or anything, i just dont want to go through that drama again..

I know with BAR, if anything i can bring it to a meeting..most of the stuff we have extra of i give away...unless i went halves on it with my roommate, then i just charge whatever cheap price he wants for it...

[/quote]

9. fishnfst

fishnfst Guest

wassup Ian at a loss for words?? You just posted a big quote :)

10. Gomer

Gomer Honorary Member

Ian just meant to say

11. Raddogz

Raddogz Guest

Wow that sucks Patrick!

12. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

Nope, IMO he meant to say

or something close to it

13. iani

iani Guest

Hahaha, I meant to say that is crazy, wow. I want to know who that was.

14. yeah,i want to know that is also.:) u can pm or post here

lapsan

15. Elite

Elite Guest

Yeah I want to know who that is so I can avoid when I sell stuff later ;D

16. id rather not mention any names and stir up old drama again..i just recalled that one moment to emphasize on my "Give a man a reef, and hes on "the other forum"...Teach a man to reef and hes on BAR" theory..haha

Him bad mouthing me was bad...but by me mentioning his name would only make things worse...

17. Mr. Ugly

Mr. Ugly Past President

[quote author=FinalPhaze987 link=topic=3843.msg46356#msg46356 date=1213833085]"Give a man a reef, and he's on "the other forum"...Teach a man to reef and he's on BAR"[/quote]

I like that!

:D

18. iani

iani Guest

You should have told him alright, I'll meet you half way. Just pay me my hourly salary. You could have said "ummmm, so I make 65 an hour x 2 hours plus gas, make it an even 150." haha

19. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics Supporting Member

I make 90 an hour, I"ll drive halfway :D

20. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

If your Union you may get even more pay if on a holiday, weekend, etc :D Or at least that was how it was in the unions I dealt with on a regular basis (stage lighting union as well as the riggers union)/