membership code of conduct

Discussion in 'General Club Business' started by Guest, Jun 7, 2008.

1. seriously..haha...pay me what i would have made for being at work and the gas money (that would be what? $80 dollars now with our rediculous gas prices?) THEN i would consider meeting someone to give them free rubble...

Our union (local 29) makes sure we get paid atleast time and a half for holidays...weekends we get paid the same...but if you work nights or swing shift you can get the evening differential..

2. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

In lighting if you work on a holiday that falls on a weekend, at night and the show is live....you get something like 5X the pay :D Golden time baby :D

3. Gomer

Gomer Honorary Member

Not sure if being salary means I'd have to do it for free, or charge them a flat 2 weeks worth of pay!

4. stubbsz

stubbsz Guest

Much as I understand the issue of the BAR name on the RC forum; I have to say, I may never have found out about BAR were it not for the BAR forum on RC. New blood in the club is always good so I hope we maintain some kind of link to a Bay-Area RC forum just so that folks can find out about us.

Also, I'd like to confess right now that I like GB's. I'm trying to give them up but if I can save 2$ on my DI resin 10 weeks of checking a thread for activity every day is surely worth it.

5. tuberider

tuberider Guest

[quote author=stubbsz link=topic=3843.msg46465#msg46465 date=1213889573]
    Much as I understand the issue of the BAR name on the RC forum; I have to say, I may never have found out about BAR were it not for the BAR forum on RC. New blood in the club is always good so I hope we maintain some kind of link to a Bay-Area RC forum just so that folks can find out about us.

Also, I'd like to confess right now that I like GB's. I'm trying to give them up but if I can save 2$ on my DI resin 10 weeks of checking a thread for activity every day is surely worth it.

[/quote]I've reported this post to a moderator, you like RC, and GB's.......

6. stubbsz

stubbsz Guest

Arggghhh. Barred from Bar.

7. Roc

Roc Guest

It doesn't seem to me that anyone is saying ALL group Buys are bad it's just be careful what you are buying and weight if it is really worth it.

Another Club I am involved with NCNRS did a GB of some Ric's for our last frag swap. It was great 10.00 a ric some with 2-4 heads. Since it did it as a GB we didn't pay shipping and everyone seemed very happy with their Ric's.

8. Gomer

Gomer Honorary Member

I just saved almost $100 on my vortech + battery on a GB :-D Sometimes they work out. Othertimes, not worth the $5-10 savings.

9. Mr. Ugly

Mr. Ugly Past President

Here's a recent post regarding group buys and BAR:

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=12776008#post12776008

10. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

I thought that was an excellent post Norm :)

11. Mr. Ugly

Mr. Ugly Past President

Hopefully people will be able to understand our POV regarding our sponsors and our club values :D

12. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics Supporting Member

So did EcoTech really sell at wholesale to a group? Are they hurting that much for money? or a bonehead move?
    Or did someone with wholesale connections (store owner) manage to buy them at wholesale.

13. iani

iani Guest

I am sure ecotech is not the responsible for the group buy. Store are not allowed to sell below 420. If they do and ecotech finds out, ecotech will no longer sell them pumps. I am sure whatever store is the source of the group buy can get into a lot of trouble if ecotech were to find out.

14. kmaintl

kmaintl Guest

There was a recent GB a few months ago on the general Lighting and Equipment forum on RC for BK skimmers. So much for no GB on RC except in local club forums.

15. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics Supporting Member

Wow, surprised they let that one slide in the non-sale section.

16. tuberider

tuberider Guest

[quote author=kmaintl link=topic=3843.msg46572#msg46572 date=1213927347]
    There was a recent GB a few months ago on the general Lighting and Equipment forum on RC for BK skimmers. So much for no GB on RC except in local club forums.
    [/quote]Care to elaborate for us not in the know? I'm not sure what you're hinting at, otherwise who cares if there are no more GBs on RC, this is a different forum.....

17. Raddogz

Raddogz Guest

Methinks it has to do with if RC believes you're making a buck or two from said group buy. If you're a sponsor and do group buys everything is all good; but if you're not well you take your chances.

Not much more different than why Tyler has to skirt with RC every time Dolphin Pet Village comes up - quite a shame really when you can barely defend you're store after some nitwit tries to pummel your store based on a mis-communication.

18. Elite

Elite Guest

If you are making $ from GB then it's not a GB any more. It's more like help me make some $$. Sponsors can only post stuff forsale in their own forum.

19. i probably shouldn't make this post but what the heck..

aren't the majority of group buys open? vendor, price and terms? every group buy i've been a part of in the past had this.

after reading finalphaze's post about the free rubble.. i had a personal experience to share also. i'm not going to mention names but i gave a bunch of free coral to someone on the RC forum and they went and resold it. had i known this, i would've given it to someone who would appreciate it and not turn around and sell it.

20. wow now that sucks...turning a profit at the expense of anothers generosity? wow...thats why im glad we have DBTC..