got ethical husbandry?

MH Ballast is this possible?

I would totally suspect your icecap ballast. If you ever had a controller back when they where all x10 you would know. If you had an Icecap ballast, you were screwed. I think BlueLine as well. That was one of the big reasons everyone switched to the direct connect model. They caused so much noise, x10 just didn't work. Wired connections helped, but the issue is still present.

I know the RK line uses a less robust connection protocol than Neptune and that there was already a known issue like you mentioned. Unfortunately, you can't fix an item like that with a software update, you can only add some error correction to help minimize the problem. Take the lights offline for a while and see if everything works. If so, you know the problem. They do sell filters for plugs, but there not really cheap and the icecap ballast doesn't have a ton of metal around it to shield it so adding some should help.

Parts wearing in the device can drastically change its performance over time, like a capacitor.

I am shocked your router is going nuts though. The wall wart tends to clean up a lot of noise on the lines in my experience. Maybe you have a ghost in the wires.

The router is close to both the controller and the ballasts. U have u-verse if you are familiar. Noticed it specifically on Saturday when the ballasts would fire up the tv broadcast (which runs through the router) and my wireless would freeze at the exact moment and then unlock once the bulbs had fired.

Yes. I swapped out the Ice cap ballasts for Lumintek ballasts..... poof no more problem.

Found this shortly afterIi made the fix (interesting take on the interference)

http://www.forum.digitalaquatics.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=8119

Back