MH blubs group buy

Discussion in 'Group Buys' started by nash, Jan 12, 2008.

1. nash

nash Guest

It's time for me to replaced them again so anyone want to do a group buy? I'm looking for reeflux or or brand 10-12K 250w. Or if anyone knows of a good price?

2. TimTen

TimTen Guest

Its getting close for me too. I would probly be in for 2.

3. patchin

patchin Facilities / Event Coordinator

I presently run a Hamilton 14k that I am disappointed in(doesn't seem to throw a lot of light). Any suggestions for a 14 or 15k bulb with more par? I know Jeremy is having some trouble with his Iwasaki(sp?). I'm running a Hamilton fixture with magnetic ballast.

4. Paradox

Paradox Guest

Best par for 14k bulbs is the aquaconnect . This is a bulb I always wanted to try, but cant take the extra leap in price. The par is near that of a 10k bulb and is said to have great color.

5. patchin

patchin Facilities / Event Coordinator

How much is it? What would you suggest in normal priced bulbs?

6. Paradox

Paradox Guest

Only place I know that sells them is here.

http://www.aquariumspecialty.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=28_35_296

Heres a quick view graph of PPFD and different ballasts and lamps.

http://www.advancedaquarist.com/issues/aug2004/review20.htm

70-80 dollars is what im used to for 250 watt se bulbs. 120 for an aquaconnect is a lot since I have 3 bulbs on my tank. Most say they are incredible bulbs and last a long time before needing to switch, so they are worth i tin the long run.

7. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics Supporting Member

Yeah at that price for a bulb I'd go with a 10k bulb and toss some actinic lights on to blue it up.

I went from Reeflux 12ks to Ham 14ks and while hams might not have much in par they have WAY more than the reeflux bulbs.
    About 33% more on average IIRC.

8. Apon

Apon Volunteer

You may want to consider..... try asking a sponsor to do a group buy at a LFS. Some will do it and it maybe easier to distribute or pick up. Just a suggestion.. Good Luck.

9. Elite

Elite Guest

Hope you have a lot of free time. Setting GB is not fun and take a lot of times. I setup several GBs. I ended up paid more at the end :(.

10. Gomer

Gomer Honorary Member

LOL. A fellow wow junkie. Strange that you have a LITERAL guild bank.

11. nukeproof

nukeproof Guest

Did I miss this group buy? I'm looking for 4 250 W Phoenix 14K DE. Does anyone know where I could get a deal on them?

12. northbay-reefer

northbay-reefer Honorary Member

13. Raddogz

Raddogz Guest

Problem is Radium is SE only - Nice color lighting on Radiums without a doubt

I like Phoenix bulbs for DE - Patrick, Hellolights has pretty good pricing and I believe shipping is free but you do have to pay sales tax.

14. rleechb

rleechb Guest

If you're looking for phoenix's, get them here:

http://lilsreef.ecrater.com/

You can pickup in pleasanton, or the guy ships for just a couple bucks a bulb. :)

15. nukeproof

nukeproof Guest

Thanks Eileen and Ray for the info.

Eileen, I like the Phoenix too so I'm going to stick with it.

Ray, is this the guy who was posting on Craigslist a few months ago? Have you bought from him before?

Patrick

16. rleechb

rleechb Guest

Yep. Same guy. I had a very good experience with him. Quick to answer my questions, shipped the same day, and even refunded a couple bucks per bulb (didn't ask him to).

I believe he does group buys as well, might want to ask him about pricing.

17. stubbsz

stubbsz Guest

[quote author=rleechb link=topic=2826.msg33974#msg33974 date=1203140610]

You can pickup in pleasanton, or the guy ships for just a couple bucks a bulb. :)
    [/quote]

Good price... eek, Google Checkout.

18. nukeproof

nukeproof Guest

[quote author=stubbsz link=topic=2826.msg34481#msg34481 date=1203555881]
    [quote author=rleechb link=topic=2826.msg33974#msg33974 date=1203140610]

[/quote]

Good price... eek, Google Checkout.
    [/quote]

I just bought 8 bulbs from him and used Google Checkout. Is there anything wrong with using Google Checkout?

19. stubbsz

stubbsz Guest

I'm biased so I can't really answer that. I work for another payments company... one focused on payments.

(Google lost around 2.5% of 8* whatever $'s those bulbs were. Or have google actually started charging fees to their merchants yet)

-Adrian

20. nukeproof

nukeproof Guest

I prefer Paypal but that's what he used. I thought there was some security issue that I didn't know about or something. Thanks everyone for pointing me to the right direction.

Just want to let everyone know that he said he is not planning to carry anymore after his current batch runs out. That's why I got another set for the future.