Neptune Aquatics

Mini Brittle Stars

I have a whole bunch of mini brittle stars, they are great to round out your clean up crew. I will pack at least 10 per container and will have 4 containers available and perhaps more if I remember to grab some at one of my stops tomorrow that has a whole bunch.

Rules-

Since these guys reproduce like crazy, I'd like to see those that take them become farmers as they have little to no market value I'm not too concerned about people trading/selling them out later. So that means if you take them, then your tank is a farm and any member can ask for a couple at anytime.

1.Badbread
2.yardartist
3.Sergio
4.Eric

There maybe more depending on what happens tomorrow, I'll update then.

[quote author=sfsuphysics link=topic=6316.msg80528#msg80528 date=1234405703]
Must be mating season, there's a thread over on RC where the population just went kaplowie!

[/quote]

I have a few tanks I service where they just do very well and have for years, the ones I got today were on a bag of carbon that I removed to replace the media.

[quote author=badbread link=topic=6316.msg80526#msg80526 date=1234405297]

You got it Jay!
I'll take a few Jeremy, thanks!
[/quote]

One of my favorite tanks at Steinhart was a small one where the rocks were packed with tiny banded arms waving around. It was fun to know what I was looking at. I would love to have some to kick start a refugium tank.

[quote author=yardartist link=topic=6316.msg80534#msg80534 date=1234406583]
One of my favorite tanks at Steinhart was a small one where the rocks were packed with tiny banded arms waving around. It was fun to know what I was looking at. I would love to have some to kick start a refugium tank.
[/quote]

You got it Richard!

[quote author=yardartist link=topic=6316.msg80558#msg80558 date=1234412085]
Thanks. How do you suggest to acclimate them? My tank is about 80 degrees and 1.025sg. What do they need time to adjust to?
[/quote]
Toss them in, they are usually hitchhikers on liverock, so if they can survive that I wouldn't go too crazy. Don't dip them though, that will kill them :D

Jeremy, this week I added sand and more live rock to my refugium. Sorry I flaked on you at the last frag swap in picking these up, but... I will be at the BOD in one week. Any chance you would have some then?

Back